Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 01:37 AM

Most Embarrassing Moment

Now be honest. Have we already had a thread like this? If so, I apologise, but have you had an embarrassing moment, be it comical or otherwise, that you're willing to share?

One of mine was many years ago when I dropped off one of our electricians on our way home in my Ford Cortina Mk 5 Estate car.

I was just turning into the estate where I live when, all of a sudden, my car alarm started blaaahing! This had happened a couple of times before, but I'd been able to shut it up with the alarm fob. Anyway, it carried on then, all of a sudden, there was a Police car behind me flashing a blue light, so I stopped and got out.

The Police Officer asked the usual questions, whilst my car was still giving it blaaah-blaaahing and I said: "Look lad, I'll shut it up." Anyway, I popped the bonnet and removed a faulty fuse and, holding it up to him, I told the Police Officer that it had a faulty fuse in the alarm system.

He threw back his head and laughed, then told me to go on my way and get it sorted.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 03:07 AM

Re: Most Embarrassing Moment

One I'll never forget happened to me in high school. One day after I had spent the lunch break with my boyfriend I hurried into class, almost late, and dropped into my seat. The guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said in a loud whisper "You're sweater is on inside out!"
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 10:48 AM

I'll never forget on a long flight to Sacramento hubby had a banging headache so pulled the airline blanket right up over his head to block out the light and tried to sleep it off.
I went to the loo and on my return had to struggle past the "Loo Queue" and the duty free trolley.When I got sat down again hubby was sleeping soundly but I too had a headache by that time.

Knowing he had some Anadin in his pocket I carefully put my hand under the blanket and had a good rummage round but couldn't find them.Suddenly the blanket came down and I was faced with a complete stranger....

He thought it was hilarious but I just wanted to find the nearest parachute and bail out....

I eventually found my other half four rows in front snoring his head off.........
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Angler ->
I'll never forget on a long flight to Sacramento hubby had a banging headache so pulled the airline blanket right up over his head to block out the light and tried to sleep it off.
I went to the loo and on my return had to struggle past the "Loo Queue" and the duty free trolley.When I got sat down again hubby was sleeping soundly but I too had a headache by that time.

Knowing he had some Anadin in his pocket I carefully put my hand under the blanket and had a good rummage round but couldn't find them.Suddenly the blanket came down and I was faced with a complete stranger....

He thought it was hilarious but I just wanted to find the nearest parachute and bail out....

I eventually found my other half four rows in front snoring his head off.........
His jacket pocket I hope??
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 01:15 PM

Mine was last year in Ladies loo washed my hands and turned to the hand dryer, stuck hands in nothing happened, waved them about a bit (thought the sensor might be a bit faulty) a young woman came in and looked at me then went in cubicle when she came out I'm still waving hands about determined to make it work cos I knew it had done a few mins before cos I'd heard it. She looked at me again and I said damned dryer won't work, she started laughing and said wouldn't dry your hands anyway it's a condom machine.
In my defence I'd taken my specs of to eat my lunch and left them on the table.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Mine was last year in Ladies loo washed my hands and turned to the hand dryer, stuck hands in nothing happened, waved them about a bit (thought the sensor might be a bit faulty) a young woman came in and looked at me then went in cubicle when she came out I'm still waving hands about determined to make it work cos I knew it had done a few mins before cos I'd heard it. She looked at me again and I said damned dryer won't work, she started laughing and said wouldn't dry your hands anyway it's a condom machine.
In my defence I'd taken my specs of to eat my lunch and left them on the table.
I love that one! Thanks for sharing!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

03-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Further to my first post I recall the student behind me also picking twigs and leaves out of my hair...
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 02:22 PM

mine was new years eve going to the bathroom coming out into the
dance hall waking right acoss the floor still some one shoulted hey miss you have your skirt yuked inside your undies i wanted to leave before midnight
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Angler ->

That made me laugh, what did you rummage around with?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 08:50 PM

Pardon me Lady Angler, but I had to laugh at your experience, it prompted a memory of when I was in my early twenties. I was working in a big workshop in the town centre, three girls were employed in the mainly mens workforce. I had a new fawn coloured duffle coat and so had one of the girls, when the day was over and we went to get our coats to go home I put my hand into a side pocket and pulled out a stick of lipstick and a compact (I think thats what it's called, a little round thing with a mirror in it.), the other lads doubled up laughing, "So thats what you're at on the sly Jem", remarks like that. The girl came into the cloakroom then, much to my relief.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top