Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 01:34 AM

Fragile Beauty

This photo called for a short walk to the end of my street. One thing I can say about Oregon is that there are beautiful plants growing everywhere. I saw this display on the corner of a churchyard and knew I had to whip out my "nifty 50" for some work.

The center of the main flower is indeed wondrous. The water droplets become jewels, the colors so intense they seem unreal. The 50mm F/1.4 is King!

Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 03:09 AM

Re: Fragile Beauty

Absolutely stunning Bob! Jewel-like indeed.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Absolutely stunning Bob! Jewel-like indeed.
Thank you. I actually look at the final photo as artwork more than just photography. What thrills me is the simplicity of taking the shot. A basic fixed focal length 50mm lens is the sharpest lens I own, yet it can produce beautiful images.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 03:30 AM

Not all photography is art, but yours most certainly is. You have an amazing eye for detail too.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 10:56 AM

Not all photography is art, but yours most certainly is. You have an amazing eye for detail too.
I agree Annie.......I've bought photo's to hang on the wall that aren't a patch on Bob's work.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 11:09 AM

Simply stunning, Bob ...... that would look lovely hung on any wall
bobmielke
Portland, OR

03-06-2012, 12:13 PM

Thank you all for looking and for your comments. I started out as an artist 50 years ago and discovered photography in 1970. It's been my passion ever since.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 12:29 PM

Beautiful Bob, absolutely beautiful.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

03-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Thank you all for looking and for your comments. I started out as an artist 50 years ago and discovered photography in 1970. It's been my passion ever since.
Aha! You could post some of your artwork too... I'm going to guess watercolours?
bobmielke
Portland, OR

03-06-2012, 01:09 PM

Aha! You could post some of your artwork too... I'm going to guess watercolours?
Unfortunately I gave up creating my own artwork decades ago. I love drawing, using artist's pencils, charcoal and pen & ink. I won a free scholarship to a prestigious art institute in Chicago when I was just a teenager but my German born parents would not permit me topursue art as a career. When I entered college, again with a full scholarship, I chose two majors, math, to satisfy my parents, and fine art to satisfy me. My photography has grown out of my artistic "eye" for composition, color & light.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top