Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 06:59 AM

Lucky charms!!

I have had a bit of a sort out of some drawers in my study and I found a small Good Luck charm which was my mothers, she was very superstitious.

It is 'Joan the Wad' and I can not remember her ever briging good luck, unless you count not having much bad luck in my life her good luck. lol

Anyway, the question is, have you any 'Good Luck' charms or momentoes that you hold lucky?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 09:11 AM

Re: Lucky charms!!

I did have something similar to Joan The Wad, although I am not really a believer in lucky charms. She was made out of a bit of clay stuck onto a 2" slice of onyx. She was a very ugly little thing lying naked on her back with her arms tucked behind her head. It was definitely a female. She had a wide toothless grin and was wearing a large pointed hat. I kept her on my mantle for a long time, and then I used to sit her in amongst a pot of flowers in the garden, but she came off the onyx and she became lost somewhere in the house and forgotten about.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 09:43 AM

I never had a lucky charm and I count myself among the non superstitious. I don't hold with it being unlucky to walk under ladders etc. But having said that I do have a lucky number, which I use on my lottery ticket. Just the one mind but considering I'm still as poor as a church mouse it seems to be not so lucky
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 09:45 AM

Nope I'm not superstitious in any way.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 09:53 AM

I bought a Joan The Wad fridge magnet when we were down in St Ives but it seperated from the magnet and fell off the freezer door smashing into pieces.After that I didn't think it was going to bring us any luck..............
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 02:47 PM

none
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 05:08 PM

No I have none either, but I am very supersticious,wont walk under ladders,say goodmorning if i see a magpie wont cut any nails on Friday as the Devil collects them and has a hold on you!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 05:24 PM

Ooohh Annie - I'm safe then!! - good job I cut mine on Thursday. Phew.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Oh dear annie, I've always cut my nails on a Friday It was always my tittivating night. Hubby used to go to the pub with friends and I would cut and polish my nails, do myself a face pack, have a long soak in a bubble bath..you know the sorts of things ladies

I was given a Piskie many years ago and it is still in my box of trinkets. But I'm not superstitious..though I hope the devil hasn't collected my nails..'knock on wood'
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 09:55 PM

I will file my nails on Friday but never cut them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top