Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 04:54 PM

For Gentlemen Only.

There were quite a few grandads at the church this morning attending the childrens confirmation, all well behaved and looking spic 'n' span, butter wouldn't melt in their mouths, I know a lot of them, some you could even call "hard Men" of days gone by. It made me think that there are still a few gentlemen left who can behave in a dignified manner when they want, or need to, so I ask you Men.
Is the age of chivalry gone as far as you're concerned.?
Do you offer to open a door for a woman.?
Would you rise to offer your seat to a Woman on public transport.?
Would you rush to defend a Woman if she was being assaulted.?
When walking with your partner on the footpath do you make sure she is always on the inside.?
Add any considerations you can think of, I still honour the few gentlemans ethics above, although I'm old fashioned as I'm always saying. I also noticed there are a lot of gentlemen in this forum, long may they live.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 07:08 PM

Re: For Gentlemen Only.

Well could I not have a look Jem, it was an open invitation!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Of course a lady like your can look all you want, and please make a comment, I got jealous of your 'Ladies only' thread so I just wanted to even things up a bit. Do you think there are still some gentlemen left?.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 07:36 PM

Yes there are, and they're not all of the older generation. I've had teenage boys and young men standing by to allow me through a door whilst he holds it open for me.

Only tonight in the shop, a little lad of about 10 stood back from the counter and said "ladies first" but, as he was at the counter before me, I told him that it was his turn, and thanked him.

I hate bad manners, be it from men or women.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-05-2012, 07:50 PM

That's nice to hear Mollie, good manners and respect for our Womenfolk is a great thing in young or old lads, I just hope it never goes out of fashion.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 07:51 PM

It's all in the upbringing, Jem. I've also had very rude people knock me out of the way as well but, for the majority, the menfolk have been polite.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 08:40 PM

I would do all of those things, except help a lady if she was being assaulted, after the woman concerned turned on me and told me to mind my own business.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 10:25 PM

I have a feeling the ladies here could answer those questions better than the men, Jem!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 06:57 AM

Definetely Jem.

I was once in court for helping a lady whose boyfriend was hitting her, luckily I got off with a stern warning from the magistrates but the police who was the first on the scene said I should have hit him harder, then denied saying it. lol

I always walk on the outside, I also go upstairs/downstairs in front of the lady, but if the stairs are wide enough I place her on the wall side of the stairs.

I Always carry the shopping.

I never let the lady pay at dinners or nights out.

I compliament a lady, if she deserves it, but was taught neer to Flatter them.

I always open the door for a lady and help her on with her coat.

I was always taught to assist a lady to sit when dinning.

There are very few Gentlemen left but if you believe some of those on this forum then there is still hope for mankind.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Definetely Jem.

I was once in court for helping a lady whose boyfriend was hitting her, luckily I got off with a stern warning from the magistrates but the police who was the first on the scene said I should have hit him harder, then denied saying it. lol

I always walk on the outside, I also go upstairs/downstairs in front of the lady, but if the stairs are wide enough I place her on the wall side of the stairs.

I Always carry the shopping.

I never let the lady pay at dinners or nights out.

I compliament a lady, if she deserves it, but was taught neer to Flatter them.

I always open the door for a lady and help her on with her coat.

I was always taught to assist a lady to sit when dinning.

There are very few Gentlemen left but if you believe some of those on this forum then there is still hope for mankind.
One I'd definitely disagree with is paying, at today's prices I always insist on paying my share. last night walking the dog a boy talking to his friends without thinking walked round me on the grass. yet another while chatting to 2 girls turned sideways so he could carry on chatting them up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top