Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 07:08 PM

Why Is It?

I just feel like having a grump, the reason being is this.

Why is it that when we get wonderful warm weather, folk choose to open their windows then put "music" on and turn it up full belt so that it can be heard 50 miles away?

Somebody has got some playing now and it's that thump-thump-thump, which is offensive if called music. They have absolutely no consideration whatsoever, and the racket I can hear sounds as if somebody is battering a wheelie bin to death!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 07:25 PM

Re: Why Is It?

I know what your mean Mollie about the thump thump thump they love to turn the bass up full and you can feel it as well as hear it
We are lucky, being surrounded by 'old farts' like ourselves I like music on while I'm in the greenhouse but I wouldn't dream of having it on too loud.
Maybe they are 'murdering' a wheelie bin
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 07:37 PM

its a teenage thing, i am always telling mine off when we go out and leave them home alone, we often come back to loud music, and it either mine or a couple over the road from us.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 07:48 PM

It's worse when it's going on very late at night and you are trying to get to sleep.
Now my moan.
It's a lovely night very warm, so we open the patio to let in some breeze, then what happens. Somebody lights a BBQ.
Cannot moan to much. As we sometime have a BBQ.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I know what your mean Mollie about the thump thump thump they love to turn the bass up full and you can feel it as well as hear it
We are lucky, being surrounded by 'old farts' like ourselves I like music on while I'm in the greenhouse but I wouldn't dream of having it on too loud.
Maybe they are 'murdering' a wheelie bin
We're all "older" people as well, with no teenagers in the street, but this racket is coming from two streets away, at least! I can also hear what could be a garden party, but I've had to close my windows now as it's giving me a headache, and I can still hear it.

Originally Posted by shaz ->
It's worse when it's going on very late at night and you are trying to get to sleep.
Now my moan.
It's a lovely night very warm, so we open the patio to let in some breeze, then what happens. Somebody lights a BBQ.
Cannot moan to much. As we sometime have a BBQ.
There's nothing worse than having BBQ smoke come into your home. As I said before, it's a lack of consideration for others.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 08:24 PM

It's rare we get the opportunity to taste the outdoor life in our own backyard, so to speak. So it's little wonder that people want to take full advantage of it.
And if that means a bit of loud music and a little BBQ smoke, bring it on.
As long as it does not carry on into the wee small hours, I don't mind in the least.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 08:55 PM

Most of our close neighbour are considerate. We always warn each other when having BBQ, so we can take washing in and close windows if we want to.
As you say mesco it not that often we have the weather, so we need to enjoy it while we can. I like to see family's having a nice time. Bit of music and a BBQ.
One of our neighbours sit out till late talking having a drink with family. If I can hear them when I go to bed. I put some ear plugs in or watch TV till I fall asleep. They normally go in at 12.
Life to short.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 11:02 PM

My young neighbours had a BBQ today with friends, I've enjoyed listening to the Irish music they've played one was The Fields of Athenry one of my favourite Irish songs. I was surprised at their choice of music for young ones plus it wasn't too loud and finished around 7pm.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
...the racket I can hear sounds as if somebody is battering a wheelie bin to death!
Planning to audition for "Stomp" perhaps?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu15Ou-jKM0
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 04:45 PM

I tend to agree that modern music is a racket, but live and let live. I remember that I used to love driving around in my 20's with my stereo blasting tunes with the windows down. I may not like their choice in music but I would be wrong to say that today's youth shouldn't be allowed to enjoy one of life's simple pleasures.
Having said that, I would like to apologize to any older people I offended while rocking out back in my salad days.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top