Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 01:47 AM

Sounds

Okay, so we've had a smells topic, but what sounds do you love or hate?

I hate the sound of hammering, banging, sawing and drilling with a power drill, but I don't mind the sound of a road drill for some odd reason.

I love the sound of music though, provided it's not that rap crap or heavy metal or whatever it's called these days, but nice music,

The sound of silence is pretty neat as well, from time to time!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 03:11 AM

Re: Sounds

same here for that rap and metal sounds ant stand them
my nabers playing there music out doors
I love the roar of niagra falls from the hotel when the windows are open to go to sleep to and awake
hate the sounds of hubbie snoring
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 04:55 AM

The dawn chorus is one of my favourite sounds, especially in early spring.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 07:26 AM

I agree with Alan, nothing can beat the dawn corus.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

26-05-2012, 08:17 AM

I like the sound of the dawn chorus and the sound of peace and quiet.

I hate and detest the sound of rain.
I hate loud music.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 09:40 AM

I have a pet aversion to the constant thump, thump, thump of a bass unit, particularly late at night when I'm trying to sleep. Have frequently had cause to call on my neighbours when they're hosting parties and ask them to turn the noise down.

The dawn chorus here isn't little song birds, but the screeching of Herring gulls that nest amongst the chimneys above me. As the summer proceeds, they wake earlier and earlier. This morning their screeching began around 04.00am.

The sound of a clarinet (played well) can be truly soporific.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Aside from music I love the sound of waves lapping on a shoreline, a cricket ball hitting the bat,our resident Blackbird, thunder, the whistle of a steam train and our Chloe's constant meowwing when we pick her up from the Cattery after being away........
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 01:25 PM

I love the sounds of rain, waves, wind in the trees, the dawn chorus!

Can't stand the tv always on (OH sleeps in front of it a lot) but we cancelled cable so that helps. Also detest the neighbour's karaoke. I guess he's on the back deck because his wife won't let him sing in the house.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 01:57 PM

I must agree with Annie Jack ... The sound of Rain is just amazing , does something for me , shutting my eyes and listening so relaxing ....
Better than having a Banoffee pie... Just.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 02:12 PM

I love lying in bed while the rain hammers on the Windows Dabby. I even downloaded an App for my Phone that makes all the different Rain and Storm Sounds, great for getting you off on a wee nap lol.

I also love to listen to the Huge Waves that crash to shore and off the Cliffs around here, and the sounds of the Farm. I always know by the Sounds that the Animals make, if everythings as it should be.
What I hate is having to listen to other People's Music. But I only get that when I'm at my own Home, usually the Young Pup that lives over the Back...If he's outside the Racket he calls Music is outside with him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top