Join for free
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:15 PM

Snakes .....

I remember when i used to go walking in the woods years ago ,i`d see the odd grass snake , just dont seem to see them anymore ... Why ?
A couple of years back i had a big one over my shoulders in Spain , for a photo (cant seem to find it ) the photo i mean .. not the snake ,remember i was a little scared at first ... but once the man put it over my shoulders , it never seemed to move much , maybe it was having its siesta .
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:23 PM

Re: Snakes .....

We get quite a few adders on our local heaths dabby, dog walkers look out for their dogs this time of the year. As for your photo with a snake, we used to have an aquarium on the quay here and both of my children had a huge snake plonked on their shoulders for a photo. I might try and dig them out later, the photos that is.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 01:32 PM

we have them gator snakes around here see a few in the grass eeek
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-05-2012, 04:05 PM

I like snakes.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 05:21 PM

Snakes are OK, but they 'aint got much brain. They don't do much except slither and sleep, plus you have to put them in the sun to get them going.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 06:48 PM

Since I've been retired, 18 years now, my wife and I go walking in the countryside on average 3 times a week and we've only once seen a snake.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 07:22 PM

When we visited Gatorland two years ago, my 8 year old grandson had a huge snake about 6 - 7feet long, draped around his neck and shoulders. I can't remember what it was but he was supporting it with his hands, grinning like a Cheshire Cat and looking proud .......while I was a nervous wreck!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 10:09 AM

Luckily, we don't get many poisonous snakes here in the UK except Adders/vipers and with the readily availabilty of venom antidote very few die from snake bites. In India as a child, was told by my Grandparents to keep well away from ANY snakes (in the monsoon King Cobras would be up in the rafters of our bungalow chasing, killing and eating the mice and rats). From time to time, whilst traversing the rafters they would occasionally 'miss' and 'plop' down on the ground. If they were within striking distance, you moved out of the way instantly!!! - the snake would then be dealt with by the resident Mongoose.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top