Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 10:53 AM

Giant sandwich

Anyone else wanna join me and devour this???

Top chef unveils the world's meatiest sandwich
The world's meatiest sandwich dubbed the 'carnivore's dream' is crammed with 41 different cuts of meat and weighs over two stone.
Yahoo LifestyleBy Bianca Ffolkes | Yahoo Lifestyle – Wed, May 23, 2012 10:43 BST

This monster snack created by chef Tristan Welsh is believed to be the 'World's Meatiest Sandwich'.

Food Network UK chef Tristan Welch unveils ‘The World’s Meatiest Sandwich’ © Rex

It contains 41 types of meat, including 1,445g of ham, 2kg of salami, turkey and bacon, 1kg of sausages, 720g of chorizo and sprinklings of salad, cheese and gherkins.

[Related article: Woman collapses at Heart Attack Grill while eating Double Bypass Burger]

British chef and restaurateur Tristan took more than four hours to make the gargantuan sandwich that stands at 1.2 feet high, is 24 inches wide and weighs in at over two stone.

For those brave enough to take on the challenge, it is estimated that it will take a whopping 10 hours to devour.

[Related feature: The world's most unhealthy sandwiches]

The massive snack was created to mark the launch of network’s show ‘Man Vs Food Nation’, the latest evolution of ‘Man Vs Food’.

The new show sees food enthusiast Adam Richman travel across the U.S. recruiting residents of the city he visits to take on daring food challenges.

Nick Thorogood, managing director of Food Network EMEA says: “We wanted to create a sandwich that embodies all the things that are at the heart of the Man Vs Food Nation series - big dishes, big flavours and big challenges! The World's Meatiest Sandwich is a truly epic creation and definitely a dish Adam Richman will be proud of.”
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 11:03 AM

Re: Giant sandwich

Is this the one Joe ?

Blinking heck , thats a big one you have there Joe ! I will join you in about an hour Joe , i could do with a snack ... will just let my bacon sandwich digest first ..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by dabby ->
Is this the one Joe ?

Blinking heck , thats a big one you have there Joe ! I will join you in about an hour Joe , i could do with a snack ... will just let my bacon sandwich digest first ..
No Matey, the one I have seen is even bigger than that, and as has been said would take 10 hours to consume.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

24-05-2012, 11:36 AM

Dabby my friend, - this is what I had in mind - wanna come and join me for lunch???

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/the-wo...-sandwich.html
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 11:36 AM

A chap called Peter Dowdswell, who lives near me, is a multi-record holder for eating competitions. I'd be no good at that game, when my wife cooks a meal I have the main course at lunch and the sweet at tea-time.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

24-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
A chap called Peter Dowdswell, who lives near me, is a multi-record holder for eating competitions. I'd be no good at that game, when my wife cooks a meal I have the main course at lunch and the sweet at tea-time.
Oh Alan matey, that's no good - main meal and pudding together. By 'tea time' I'm ready for a plate of sarnies and a few biscuits or slice of cake.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 12:24 PM

Geoff Ladd, I'm sure you'd have a great time on the end of that lol. I'm away to make our own Lunch now. Big plate of Home Made Soup and Tatties for The Laird, and a Tuna Sandwich for me.....Accompanied by a Latte of Course.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

24-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Roxy darlin' - I posted this earlier today - this is what I'm having for lunch,: Will be eating a Haggis later today, with a potato, parsnip and celeriac mash and gravy.

The sandwich will be my 'tea'.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Roxy darlin' - I posted this earlier today - this is what I'm having for lunch,: Will be eating a Haggis later today, with a potato, parsnip and celeriac mash and gravy.

The sandwich will be my 'tea'.

Where do you buy your Haggis from Uncle Joe ? We brought a lot back from Scotland which have now all gone.I've tried the supermarket Haggis but they're nowhere near as nice and I haven't seen any in the butchers round here.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Dabby my friend, - this is what I had in mind - wanna come and join me for lunch???

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/the-wo...-sandwich.html
Yep Joe , thats the same one and thank-you ,for the invite for tea ,will be right over , do you think we can manage it or should i fetch a doggy bag ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top