Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 05:04 AM

Happy Thursday Folk.

This is Woodford church, Northants, taken from a longboat on the river Nene. Last year I hired the longboat for the day on my birthday. There were 8 of us, family and friends, and we took our own food and drink. A wonderful time was had by all.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 07:16 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all who get out of bed and visit OFFers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3pDM2f6Y8

What a beautiful morning, well it would be if we could see it, there is a heavy mist around but it is not stopping Mother Natures creatures welcoming the warmer weather with fine voice, the farmyard animals joining in on the corus with an odd screech from the peacocks and there is a lone Pheasant sitting on the garden wall trying to join in.
Plans for today are a visit to the shops for some gardening equipment this morning with lunch at home and then an afternoon relaxing in the garden(hoping that the sun comes out), with a large glass of wine, just watching Mother Natures creatures come and go.

Thats a lovely picture Alan so typical of a rural setting.
Our daughter went to Nene college and we have spent many wonderful days by the river.

St Oswalds Church Grasmere.
The path in the foreground is made up of stone's with the names of people, who have made a donation to the church, engraved on them. Anyone can have their name placed there.

Have a great day everyone and do you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydzy1...feature=relmfu
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 09:23 AM

Can't remember where I took that photo! Not a good one either

Good Morning Alan, Bob and All Beautiful sunny morning up here again - 24 degrees it turned out yesterday; far too hot for both me and Loki, even the parrots were sitting with their wings open

Look like another good one today - 14 degrees so far!

Lovely photo, Alan - and sounds like you all had a great time at your birthday last year

Love that photo, Bob. Also, the links Many thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Good morning all, the weather has been terrific all week and it's looking good for the weekend, so I think Herself and me will head off for a few days from tomorrow, today I have to organise some new gear to wear for Liam's confirmation on Wednesday. love the photo's.
Enjoy yourselves if you can folks.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 10:24 AM

Good morning everybody, after a misty start the sun has now arrived and and there's lots of blue sky!

After getting home late yesterday I have a fairly quiet day today catching up on paperwork and doing some gardening.

Whilst on my travels yesterday I saw the Queen posing in somebody's front garden so I had to stop and say hello

If you cant read what it says on the cannon "this will scare the crows away Philip"

Lovely photos again everybody. Enjoy the rest of the day folks and have a good few days away Jem
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 11:16 AM

Good morning fellow members a misty morning but I am sure it will be hot when the sun gets through.

Lovely pictures thank you , everyone sounds very busy

I have been rushing to get the shopping done, I have baby Hannah tomorrow so won't get much done then. Also the Olympic torch is coming this way tomorrow morning so the roads will be chaos.

Next on the list, making some tiny fish pies with the fresh haddock I just bought to go in the freezer to provide Hannah lunches .

Have an enjoyable day everyone
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 11:38 AM

Good morning all
A very misty morning here today and muggy.
The forecast is for some rain later.
Enjoying sitting outside on an evening and being sociable, long may it continue.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 12:05 PM

Good morning folks. It's still raining here, at least until tomorrow. My excitement of the day is a vist to the Veterans Hospital for an ultrascan of my liver ordered up by my new doctor. I took a test drive there yesterday using my gps to make sure I could find it. It's only a 10 mile drive but it will be during rush hour traffic. I should have no problems as I'll leave early enough to handle delays.

I took a 235 mile drive in the country yesterday trying to find somewhere to get some photographs. I actually had to turn around and reverse my direction at one point because it was snowing so hard I couldn't see. It was 33F toward the top of the mountain & 52F at the bottom where it continued to rain. I never took my camera out of the bag.

Have a great day all and be sure to enjoy your good weather. Last week it was my time.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 12:26 PM

Hello everyone the early morning mist has cleared and the sun is out - looks like it will be another scorcher today.

Lovely pictures this morning ....... Marian, I hope you curtseyed to the Queen before taking her photo!

BobM - I hope all goes well with your ultrasound.

Enjoy your day everyone!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 05:00 PM

to hot here we put the Ac on at 6 30 this morring
just booked to go to the falls in august for my birthday

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top