Join for free
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 11:57 PM

Warning

Anyone with a Photobucket account, they have been playing about and made some accounts public,
Just check and if yours is public, just click on the "public" and alter it to private.

Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 12:33 AM

Re: Warning

Oops, sorry Jimmy. I'll amalgamate my post with yours. I didn't realise you'd started a new thread about this.

----------------

This is what I put:

I'm not putting in this in Technology for a good reason, and that's because more people read in General Chat, and this is important.

Last night it came to light that one of my Photobucket accounts had been changed, due to changes made by Photobucket, and it was no longer a private album.

It was Jimbo that unwittingly highlighted this problem in my Photo Album section in Photography, so I had to go into that Photobucket account to re-set my privacy settings. I went into my other account tonight, and the settings had been changed in there as well.

If your Photobucket account was originally made private by yourself, I'd urge you to check it now, even if it still says Private Album.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 12:28 PM

I went straight over and Checked mine as soon as I read this.....They were all still Private, thank goodnes. Thanks for the Warning.
Think I'll just keep an eye on that Site for a Wee While...just incase.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the warning folks ....
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-05-2012, 05:45 PM

I had some of my artwork on Photobucket some years back and people were downloading it for free, I was informed! I removed myself from the site.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Mine's still private but thanks for the warning I will keep my eye on it.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Mine's still private but thanks for the warning I will keep my eye on it.
Mine still lsaid Private when I logged in but, on looking through the Privacy Settings, all the boxes were ticked, making it Public.

I wouldn't have known if it hadn't been for Jimbo.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top