Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 12:46 AM

Warm Weather

I know we already have a topic called "Your Weather" but I think Warm Weather deserved a topic of its own.

Well, let's face it; how many of them do we get in these British Isles of ours?

So, how have you all been enjoying it and making the most of it?

Me? Stuck in the office as usual!

There should be a law in Britain which says if the weather reaches over 15 degrees we don't have to work. What say you? We wouldn't have many days off!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 12:59 AM

Re: Warm Weather

We'd be off all summer if that was the case in my part of Canada. Really hot the past few days. Thursday to Monday the forecast shows 28 to 30 degrees!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 01:06 AM

I know lass, but Britain isn't known commonly for its hot weather.

Pixie's been over here for the last couple of weeks attending her mother-in-law's funeral, so she has at least caught a couple of our warm days.

She's from your neck of the woods as you know, so she'll be needing the air conditioner on when she gets back later this week.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 01:22 AM

If i was your boss Mollie , i would give you every sunny day off with pay ..

Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I know lass, but Britain isn't known commonly for its hot weather.

Pixie's been over here for the last couple of weeks attending her mother-in-law's funeral, so she has at least caught a couple of our warm days.

She's from your neck of the woods as you know, so she'll be needing the air conditioner on when she gets back later this week.
Definitely. I've had the a/c on in the car too.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 07:21 AM

I have taken full advantage of the sun. I have done some work in the garden but I have also sat on a sun lounger and done some reading.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 08:06 AM

Sorry Mollie I dont think a new place to post about the weather and as for having time off work when it gets hot, LOL dont you think we are lazy enough in Britain without more excuses for time off work?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-05-2012, 08:11 AM

It has been pleasantly warm for the last couple of days, just right for me. I don't like it though when the temperature gets much above about 72F that is too hot.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 09:02 AM

Being Asthmatic with another lung problem superimposed on that, I have to be VERY careful of 'hot' weather as this tends to stop the pollution from being blown away and smoke and pollution are my main 'triggers' for an Asthmatic attack. To prevent me warming up at home too much (my lounge faces due West) I have an air-cooler which I will load up with cold water and ice cubes later this afternoon.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 09:49 AM

Mollie I am the same as you stuck in the office, but i am making the most of early morning and late at night.
We sat and ate our evening meal outside last night, it always makes me feel like we are on holiday and starts us talking about some of the places that we have been to.
I also love going down the garden and looking at the flowers and dead heading or tidying up, bliss

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top