Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 07:26 AM

Robin Gibbs

R.I.P Robin Gibbs.

Another talented person taken from us for Heavens entertainment society.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 08:52 AM

Re: Robin Gibbs

I am so sorry that Robin Gibb has died at only 62 years - A sad loss. I have always enjoyed the Bee Jees music over the years. Stay in Peace Robin Gibb.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 09:59 AM

It is always sad when someone dies whos music you have listened to for such a longtime. At least the Bee Gees music will live on.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 10:20 AM

I've always liked the Bee Gees and sorry to hear about Robin this morning.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 10:24 AM

I think Robin was a thoroughly nice bloke who, as well as being massively talented, did huge amounts for good causes. He will be greatly missed.

Rest Easy Robin...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-05-2012, 11:45 AM

What I don't understand is why the death of a celeb is a big deal? I am sure it is sad for their family of course, but why would others, who have never met them, regret their death anymore than one would regret the death of any stranger?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 12:10 PM

A sad loss to the world of music.
I enjoyed the Bee Gees and thought Robin was particularly talented.
RIP Robin.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
What I don't understand is why the death of a celeb is a big deal? I am sure it is sad for their family of course, but why would others, who have never met them, regret their death anymore than one would regret the death of any stranger?
I'm inclined to agree, Willow, although the familiarity with his music must have a lot to do with it. But having just got back from a week's holiday and wanting to catch up with the news I was horrified at the amount of time devoted to his death. And that it was lead headline when Al-Megrahi had also died! It was hard to find out about any other more significant news even on BBC news 24 due to the time devoted to tributes to him. Very annoying.
Having said that, it is sad to hear of someone so talented losing his life at such a young age.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-05-2012, 03:20 PM

The sick outpouring of mawkish grief which greeted the death of Diana was horrible. It was sad she died so young, but for pity's sake lots of people die young. I suspect if she had looked like the back end of a bus, like Mother Teresa, who died on the day of that woman's funeral, I doubt it would have attracted so much attention!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 04:04 PM

I was also sad to hear about Robin's death, he fought his illness with dignity and respect. He worked hard with his charities and is not only remembered for his singing. I have most of the Bee Gees CD's and never tired of listening to them.

Sleep well with your brothers, Robin......

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top