Join for free
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 09:05 AM

'Cursing stone' found on island

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...lands-18130259
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 12:35 PM

Re: 'Cursing stone' found on island

It amazes me how they keep finding these things, mind you, it is only about 10" across so there must be more to be found.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Interesting Roxy as Janela says it is amazing they still keep finding these objects. I would guess there are many similar treasures yet to find.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 03:32 PM

Interesting, but I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a stone that enabled the bearer to swear like a sailor while he was holding it.
I had a mental image of ancient villagers waiting in line to hold the stone and give their neighbours a bollocking for nicking a goat.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 06:27 PM

Very interesting, here's some from Co. Cavan.

A lot of small ones together, maybe they didn't want to curse the offender too much, I believe that if you didn't know what you were doing or it was not a 'just' curse, the curse would rebound on you.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Very interesting, here's some from Co. Cavan.

A lot of small ones together, maybe they didn't want to curse the offender too much, I believe that if you didn't know what you were doing or it was not a 'just' curse, the curse would rebound on you.
Very interesting Roxy

Jem, that picture puts an image into my head of it being broken false teeth from a giant
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Very interesting Roxy

Jem, that picture puts an image into my head of it being broken false teeth from a giant
I see what you mean Carmen. I can picture a group of gummy women kneeling down rubbing the stones and cursing their Dentist.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I see what you mean Carmen. I can picture a group of gummy women kneeling down rubbing the stones and cursing their Dentist.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top