Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 04:53 AM

Have a Terrific Thursday Folk.

My 5 mile walk yesterday was in fact an 8 mile walk, a bit too much at my age, I was kn*****ed when I got home.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Re: Have a Terrific Thursday Folk.

Good Morning Alan and all who follow.

Dull,damp,wet,dismal morning .....Not very pleasant.

Have a pleasant day wherever you are

Hope you are not too cream crackered today Alan
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 06:58 AM

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyaTIXdN5fI

Wet with the Irish rain as we call it, you dont think it is raining hard until you gey home and find you soaked. Mother natures creatures are in fine fettle this morning singing their heads off and taking baths in the rain.

Just had a nice couple of days with some very good friends who have come back from Peru, I knew that they were paying us a visit but I did not know that it had been planned as a re-union of old work mates. Memories of the good old days were torn apart and very little sleep was had. That is why today we are planning to have some ME time to ourselves and recharge the batteries.Lunch is at home and has yet to be christened and this afternoon will be a copy of this morning.
Where's my food?

Alan, we all do it, think we are youngsters and can do what we used to do when we were young. A long soak in a hot tub will soon have you right again.

Marian, I thought you would be wet enough with all the rain we have had but no you wanted to prove your skin is water resistent. lol
Sorry, counld'nt resist it.(Bows head in shame), I hope your camera and phone are OK, but then again they are just material things, the most important thing is that you are OK.

Have a great day everyone and never forget your older friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X7d7Ul6PmI
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 09:16 AM

Morning all, dull and overcast again here today so I'm completing my list of odd jobs and chores before tidying out the underloft storage...should be interesting as I've not been under there for years....

Curry for lunch and then out with the dogs before finishing off my afternoon with feet up and a book...

Good to see you back Bob, those reunions can be pretty tough..

Take it easy for a while Alan, I couldn't do eight miles even when I was in my prime..

Enjoy your day folks..

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 09:41 AM

Loki loves Cows!!

Good Morning Folks Rained heavy during the night and very early this morning but has now stopped! Lots of low lying grey clouds though overhead coming from the North West of Scotland! I can't see Ben Lomond at all this morning

I love walking and do lots of it with Loki - we were out for 4 hours yesterday afternoon walking, Loki takes me where she wants to go!! It is the best exercise, Alan, and bet you are as fit as a fiddle

That sounded a great re-union, Bob, hope you and yours will have a good ME time day today! Great photo and loved the links! Long time since I heard Mary Hopkins!! Good one!

Enjoy your curry, Barry!! I only ever had a mild curry once and ended up at the doctor's as I was all swelling up! I am allergic to curry, so can't take them! I always feel that I am missing something

Enjoy your day everyone.

Take care
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->

Enjoy your curry, Barry!! I only ever had a mild curry once and ended up at the doctor's as I was all swelling up! I am allergic to curry, so can't take them! I always feel that I am missing something
We only have very mild curry Rosemary, I make a chicken korma usually, which is big on flavour but very low on chilli heat, which we don't like and find off-putting and unnecessary... But yes, I agree you are missing something and that's a shame really....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 12:53 PM

Good afternoon all, rain again with the odd burst of Sunshine, I think it's time the Summer woke up and got to work, very late coming this year. Love that photo of Loki and the Cows Rosemary. I'm just going to take it easy today.
Take care of yourselves folks.

I do love Lighthouses, love to spend a weekend in one. Anyone know where this one is 'cause I don't.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 03:14 PM

Good afternoon all I forgot to post here this morning in my eagerness to get out and get the shopping done

A dull day here and not particularly warm . At least the runner beans seem to have survived the late frosts we have been having.

Enjoy what is left of the day everyone
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 04:03 PM

Hi everybody, its been wet wet wet all day, hasn't stopped. Just when it looks like its going to stop it starts up again. I have to do and do some dog walking in a mo and it does seem to be getting brighter.

Have been to Cockermouth to take a dog home this morning and stopped off at the vets to drop a newsletter off and as I was getting back into the car a lady came over and asked me about our services. She took me to her car where sat in the back was a beautiful 4 month old Burmese Mountain Dog His fur was so so soft, he was adorable! Am ringing her later so fingers crossed he comes to me

Sounds like you've all been busy today!

Thanks for taking the micky AB, I don't mind at all Marian, I thought you would be wet enough with all the rain we have had but no you wanted to prove your skin is water resistent. lol
Sorry, counld'nt resist it.(Bows head in shame), I hope your camera and phone are OK, but then again they are just material things, the most important thing is that you are OK.

After all the drama yesterday I guess I should at least post one of the photos I took! Enjoy the rest of your day folks
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Hi Marpaul, that's a lovely photo, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top