Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 07:26 PM

I could cry

Its been one of those days Started off very well, took the morning off to take Bonnie and our visiting dog to Rannerdale to see the bluebells before its too late.

On the way back to the car, I stupidly tried to jump across a fast flowing stream and yes you've guessed, I fell in!! I was soaked from head to foot.

Didn't mind that too much but had my DSLR camera with me and phone in pocket, neither of which are working now Have only had the phone for 6 months and its on a 2 year contract and not insured. It has a sealed battery in it so cant take it out so its in the airing cupboard together with the camera, but I don't hold out much hope of either of them working again. I also lost an extending lead which fell to the bottom but was too deep to get out and I couldnt reach it and there were no sticks around.

But hey at least I lived to tell the tale! But it was embarrassing as there were people around
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Re: I could cry

Oh dear Marian, that's awful ...... did you hurt yourself at all?

What a shame about your camera and mobile I hope they will dry out favourably in the airing cupboard and you will still be able to get some use out of them.

Did any of the people around come to your aid?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 07:36 PM

Have a hot bath Marian so you wont stiffen up, but dont you feel a fool when there are people about. Hope the airing cupboard does the job.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 07:37 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Marian, the good bit is that you are still in one piece thank God, I'm sure you felt miserable but it could have been a lot worse.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Thanks guys. A lady came over to see if I was ok and a guy asked if I was ok. But I was completely dripping wet. I did hurt my knee and think I'll be stiff tomorrow.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Oh dear what an experience
My sister dropped her phone in a river a while ago. I think she put it in a bag of rice to dry it out. Anyway it did work again after - leave it a couple of days.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 07:46 PM

Aw Marian ((hugs)) you are ok and that is the main thing, anything else can be replaced.

I know a number of occasions when people have got battery operated electrical goods wet and they have worked ok when slowly dried out .

In case they don't did you pay for anything with a credit card, remember if you did they carry a guarantee for a period of time . Also check your house insurance for the inclusion of personal possessions.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 07:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your fall. Maybe the camera and phone will dry out.
No need to feel foolish, you probably will never seen those people again.
As long as you are alright, that's all that matters.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 08:19 PM

What a nightmare......... Glad you are ok though.Better to have a broken phone and camera than broken bones.Hope you're not too battered and bruised tomorrow...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 08:23 PM

As long as your alright that's the important thing. Fingers crossed for your camera and phone.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top