Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 06:59 PM

Jersey Royal Potatoes ..

Well i have just had my first Jersey Royal Potatoes , this year , Nice .. but not as nice as years ago , and yes i had them with fresh mint in , but just did not seem the same .
Am i loosing my taste buds as the years roll on ?.

What about you good folk out there ? Have you noticed any difference .?
or Maybe its just me !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 07:02 PM

Re: Jersey Royal Potatoes ..

We had some last week dabby and thought they were tastier than last year, when they seemed a bit insipid. I must say though, that we tend to use Charlotte now in preference to the Jerseys and they are usually cheaper..
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 07:11 PM

Yes we had some last weekend and they were very nice,I think you do loose some of your taste buds as you get older, I have I am always saying that tasted of nothing,but joe thinks they are alright.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 07:13 PM

You can add brains to that as well I have just been trying to put a comma in the piece that was already posted.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 07:14 PM

I bought some Jersey Royals last week ...... I don't eat potatoes myself but my husband said he really enjoyed them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Every year I look forward to the first Jersey Royals and I had my first ones a few weeks ago.
They were a ridiculous price and I found them rather disappointing with little taste
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 07:33 PM

I bought some half price and thought they were ok but nothing to write home about. I usually use charlottes as well. The royals were slightly better in taste
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Had some for tea on Sunday...they were rubbish-totally tasteless!
Both myself and my Sister were disappointed as we were looking forward to them!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

15-05-2012, 10:37 PM

I must say that there are no potatos that taste like my Dads out of the garden, or tomato straight off the plant in the Greenhouse.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Had some for tea on Sunday...they were rubbish-totally tasteless!
Both myself and my Sister were disappointed as we were looking forward to them!
Yep , they seem to get worse every year merz . Im wondering if we just dont buy them out of Tradition , at a ridiculous price .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top