Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Treasures.

What is the item that you treasure the most?
Mine is a set of Roseary beads given to me by my beloved grandmother, when I made my First Communion at the age of seven. They have seen a lot of use over the years and have become fragile, so they now reside in my little treasure chest, along with other treasures, such as my children's hospital wrist bands from when they were born, I even have my ante-natal records cards
I open my little treasure chest now and again and the items bring back some lovely and sometimes sad memories.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Re: Treasures.

My dad's gold ring and his WW1 medal.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 12:17 PM

I have lots of treasures in my special box such as my grandads New Testament which he received as a soldier in WW 1,a postcard from WW1 showing Edith Cavell on the ground after being shot down .I too have my children`s wristbands from their birth and lots of things they made at school etc .
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-05-2012, 12:39 PM

I don't think I have anything which I would overly miss if I lost it. I am not sentimental about possessions. I have downsized as much of our 'junk' as I can, especially if I haven't looked at it in years.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 01:57 PM

I could not bring my self to get rid of anything of sentimental value, although I de-clutter regularly. But all my treasures stay put.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 02:22 PM

I don't really value any material possesions that highly. My dogs are my treasures.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-05-2012, 02:51 PM

I love my children and grandchildren, but don't need to keep many, if any, mementos of their childhoods. As we are moving home I have collected up 43 years of 'junk', including those mementos, and if they didn't want them deposited them in the bin.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 03:02 PM

I have a treasure box too. It is filled to the brim with things from my grandchildren, from stones and shells that they thought I would like, to paintings and cards etc., I also have an old jewellry box with locks of hair, teeth(), medals, brooches (my grandmothers)..some of value but most just sentimental.
I'm afraid my daughter and daughter-in-law are the same, so goodness knows what they will do with it when I pop my clogs
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 03:57 PM

I have treasures, they are three of my dogs Ashes in carved boxes.They will go to be scattered with me when its my turn in Talkintarn in the woods by the Tarn.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 07:13 PM

I think this ugly little clown is my special keepsake, it belonged to my grandmother, her father carved it from a block of wood when she was a child, then she passed it on to me and I must say the little devil brought me lots of good luck, he must be 150 years old now and the paint is still good on him. I keep him out in my workshop and I washed his ugly mug for this photo.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top