Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 12:19 AM

Smells

Yet another odd topic from me, but I was wondering what smells people really like.

For instance, I love the smell of freshly mown grass, and I love the smell of furniture polish, and even fire-lighters but don't worry, I don't sit sniffing them!
G Girl
New Member!
USA
G Girl is female 

15-05-2012, 04:32 AM

Re: Smells

I love the smell of trees! There is nothing like it, it's so fresh. And on the flip side of being a tree hugger, I love the smell of new wood!

I also love the smell of sweet tarts. Any shampoo, soap, candles , anything at all, that smells like sweet tarts! This is not sweet, it's sweet tarts. There really is a difference!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by G Girl ->
I love the smell of trees! There is nothing like it, it's so fresh. And on the flip side of being a tree hugger, I love the smell of new wood!

I also love the smell of sweet tarts. Any shampoo, soap, candles , anything at all, that smells like sweet tarts! This is not sweet, it's sweet tarts. There really is a difference!
The smell of blossom in the early morning air in Spring, the smell of newly mown grass on a warm day and the smell of tall grass and a woodland on a hot Summer's day.

And not forgetting the fish and chip shop
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
The smell of blossom in the early morning air in Spring, the smell of newly mown grass on a warm day and the smell of tall grass and a woodland on a hot Summer's day.

And not forgetting the fish and chip shop
Nice one Hazel, couldn't agree more...
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 09:33 AM

I love the smell of petrol..,the beach,felt tip pens,the countryside,and meat cooking on a barbecue....
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 09:59 AM

Bread baking in the oven. Leather. Rich black coffee. Line dried washing and most peoples favourite, newly mown grass.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-05-2012, 10:33 AM

The smell of the beach when I visit my island home, some food smells, like baking bread and cakes. Roses, freesia, herbs and probably many more which I can't immediately think of.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 11:20 AM

Fresh Hay we use for the Horses, Fresh Grass Cuttings, The Greenhouse when the Tomatoes are almost grown, The smell of the Pine Trees in the Forest after Rain, I'd always walk the Dogs there as soon as it stopped.
Lots of others....to many to list.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Angler ->
I love the smell of petrol..,the beach,felt tip pens,the countryside,and meat cooking on a barbecue....
Me too I love the smell of Kiwi shoe polish, as well as freshly mown grass, smell of freshly baked bread and jasmine scented candles
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2012, 03:49 PM

I love shoe polish too! Baby powder, vanilla and like others freshly mown grass, fresh coffee, bread and cakes baking.
A smell from the past - Dubbin - I can still 'smell' it. It was always on a Sunday morning while the roast was cooking, that I helped clean and Dubbin the football and boots belonging to my big brother .

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top