Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 06:05 PM

Family spoiling a special party ..

We are having a party next week for my sons 21st Birthday ...Nothing out of the ordinary you might say except for 1 fact ...when he was born we were advised he may not live past 18...so this party is a big one ...but why do famiies have to use it to fuel their own pathetic childish family arguments ....I aint coming because he is ..DE -invite him and i will come ...this is causing arguments and we nearly cancelled it ....in the end i told them NO ONE was going to be DE-invited if the didn't come it was their problem and their loss,,they are using the very person they should respect as a weapon....there is only one person i have refuse to invite and that is because she upset everyone by going over our heads to enquire about getting my son a plot up the cemetery ,,i think that is a valid excuse not to invite her ..... so next week will be hopefully a brilliant night.....
:
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 06:14 PM

Re: Family spoiling a special party ..

I hope it all goes well Steve

I would celebrate the fact your son has reached 21 along with anyone who has received an invitation and wishes to join you.
As for the others I would steer clear and let them fight it out among themselves
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 06:18 PM

What's that old saying Steve, "God gave us our relatives but thank God we can choose our friends"..

Best wishes to your son on his birthday, and I hope it all goes well eventually....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 06:21 PM

Steve, I hope the party goes well and your son has a great time .... after all it is his special day.

Those who show the slightest sign of an argument can be shown to the door
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 06:25 PM

Couldn't put it better everyone.
Steve, I hope the party is a resounding success and your son and you, have a brilliant time.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 07:05 PM

Have a lovely time and Happy Birthday to your son.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Yes a very happy 21st to your son. Steve, we get this at every birthday and Christmas and it's always the same person causing arguments. We invite her along with everyone else and she never turns up anymore thank god. In your case, especially this special celebration, you should be able to invite who you damn well want to. I hope they do all turn up and behave themselves for your son's sake. Such a shame for him if they don't though.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 09:19 PM

You had the good grace to send out invitations to all. They should have the good grace not to upset yourself and your son by using his birthday party to settle scores and put you in a position of choosing. You did the right thing Steve. I hope you all enjoy his birthday celebrations, especially him.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 09:51 PM

Happy Birthday to your Son, Steve. Hope you and your Son enjoy the celebrations with no-one spoiling them....that would be such a shame and after all, it is his day.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 06:38 AM

I think the fact that certain people can't put aside their squabbles just for one day shows a total lack of respect for your son........How selfish !! Hope you all have a lovely party despite the no-shows.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top