Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 04:49 PM

Haircuts and hairstyles for the aging gent.

We've all seen them, the 50-plus guy hanging on to the mullet or ponytail they sported in the 80's or the attempt to disguise a bald pate with the dreaded comb-over. I would guess that most of us men on this forum have experienced some form of hair loss or thinning hair and wonder how this has changed the way you way you choose to have your hair cut or styled.

My hair started to thin a little when i was 33 and I thought that the longer style I was used to began to look a little messy and outdated so on a dare from my spouse I asked the barber for a buzz-cut. I loved the clean feeling and the zero maintenance aspect of it. Then I noticed that I could see my scalp through it and thought that I had a lovely shaped head and what a shame it was to hide it. I took out the razor and.......

That was in 1995 and I've never looked back. It's the Yul Brunner look for me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 05:39 PM

Re: Haircuts and hairstyles for the aging gent.

Good for you Lloyd, no sense in in clinging on to bits here and there and trying to join them all up together when they obviously don't want to know, cut the whole lot off and it looks great, my Son (43) has a good head of hair but he likes the smooth look and had it all shaved off, I think it looks great on him, or should I say off him, one word of caution though, if you don't have the right head shape it can look bad.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 06:25 PM

Funny thing about baldness, I think on an older gent it looks distinguished, but on a younger man it just looks thuggish...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Funny thing about baldness, I think on an older gent it looks distinguished, but on a younger man it just looks thuggish...
My husband has the bald style and he also has a broken nose, courtesy of his rugby playing years. He looks like an ageing doorman but he is a big softy.
ragman
yorkshire
ragman is male 

14-05-2012, 02:03 PM

i get my wife to give me a number two with the electric clippers , havnt been to a hair dressers for years , and when i shower its soon dry , and doesnt need combing , i loved my beatle hair style when i was young and played in a rock band , but now im not to bothered about my looks ,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 02:10 PM

I always use the electric clippers on my husbands hair, I must have saved him £s over the years ..... do you think I should remind him?
ragman
yorkshire
ragman is male 

14-05-2012, 02:30 PM

i always give my wife a kiss on the cheek as payment , haha ,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ragman ->
i always give my wife a kiss on the cheek as payment , haha ,
I don't even get that!
ragman
yorkshire
ragman is male 

14-05-2012, 03:57 PM

awh ,
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 06:35 PM

Mrs. PM has always cut mine which is great, as she doesn't talk about football while she's doing it...

The only real drawback is that she tells people that I sleep with my barber....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top