Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 05:23 AM

Have a Great Saturday Folk.

The weather seems to be gradually improving, my broad beans, which I sowed in late February, finally have started moving and have flowers on. I won't be around early tomorrow as we're having a night out tonight, staying with relatives. Enjoy your weekend !
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 07:02 AM

Re: Have a Great Saturday Folk.

Good Morning Alan and all those that follow.

Dull,overcast,dry,no wind and quite mild. Thats the weather.

Hope you all have a pleasant Saturday wherever you are.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 07:21 AM

Good morning Alan and all others who visit.
So true for us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrs3X...eature=related

It's raining men (good title for a song) It's raining women (dont sound good for a song Title) It sure is raining though, the wet stuff that makes you feel UGH. Mother natures creatures seem to be enjoying it as they are having baths, in the rain!!!. The young calves looked like they want to return to the indoors and as for the sheep, they definately looked very fed up with the wet stuff.
Sorry for not being here yesterday but the day turned out to be a farsical one just like the carry on films.
What can a pair of trousers falling from a chair onto the floor cost you?

Quite a lot is my reply.

Why? well my trousers fell off the chair where I put them last night and when I got out of bed this morning I stood on the belt buckle, immediately lifting my foot causing be to become unbalanced, fell over onto the bedside table and broke the radio alarm clock and cutting my arm. The cut was deep so we went up to the A&E, ( ten mile trip cost of fuel) had it stitched went home and decided to go and buy a new radio alarm, whilst in the shop, she who must be obeyed saw the New Dyson vacumm cleaner and decided that she would have one as our Dyson is getting old, in the meantime I decided that whilst we were there I would get some new speakers for the computer, I was busy buying them when She who must be obeyed came and said that she fancied a new Coffee machine, so, a day which was to be spent at home relaxing and just enjoying the day turned into a day spending over £600 just because my trousers fell onto the floor. LOL

Today we are not venturing out of the house, unless, she who must be obeyed has other ideas. Lunch is at home with my plan to have a relaxing afternoon with some music and fine wine, got a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape yesterday, I am informed that it is the best Red wine under £20/bottle.

Heres looking at you Kid.

Have a great day everyone, you dont need money just do it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZvlQyXOU94
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Good morning to everyone on this beautiful spring morning in Sherwood..

We are off to Newstead Abbey today to see the gardens, which have a fabulous rhododendron display at this time of year. We'll probably visit the garden centre on the way back for some rhubarb plants ,as I have found a bit of wasted space in a corner of the garden that I want to fill with something useful...

Lovely picture of Eileen Bob, and a wonderful story about the trouser farce, can you do it again and get it on video for us...

Enjoy your day folks,

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 08:46 AM

Busy Day at Hogganfield Loch, Glasgow

Good Morning Everyone Was sunny early on this morning but has dulled down a bit now! Hope it stays dry!

Love that cat, Bob, beautiful eyes and markings Also, loved those links. It's years since I heard Guy Mitchell!!
Many thanks for sharing. And you have been thru' the mill this morning Bob!! Hope the rest of the day for you is uneventful - sit down with Mr Hennessey for some comfort!

Hope everyone will enjoy Saturday, whatever you do and weather good for you all as well.

Take care and stay safe
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 09:10 AM

Good morning all and what a cheery one it is too - we have wall to wall blue sky and brilliant sunshine.... oh it makes you feel so good!

Bob, that's a lovely pic of the cat..... is she yours? How is "Eileen" these days, has she settled into your home now?
What an eventful morning for you too You can do without a painful awakening like that!

I think it will be a 'pottering in the garden' day for me while the sun lasts.

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead, friends....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=plantman;189211]Good morning to everyone on this beautiful spring morning in Sherwood..

We are off to Newstead Abbey today to see the gardens, which have a fabulous rhododendron display at this time of year. We'll probably visit the garden centre on the way back for some rhubarb plants ,as I have found a bit of wasted space in a corner of the garden that I want to fill with something useful...

Lovely picture of Eileen Bob, and a wonderful story about the trouser farce, can you do it again and get it on video for us...

We've been there a few times in the dim and distant past Barry. If I remember correctly there is a pond in which you could swim - that was when I was about 12 years old. Oh happy days.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 09:34 AM

Good morning all, well after all my moaning yesterday we finally got a real good day today, not a cloud in the sky!.
What a day AB!, yes that would be a big hit on U tube.
Have a great weekend folks.
Sea shells, I used to collect these things when I was a kid on the beach, never knew what to do with 'em though, I think they ended up in the bin.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Good afternoon all. Poor you Bob sorry for laughing but that's the sort of thing that would happen in our house..and you gotta' laugh. Lovely cat by the way.
Some lovely pictures everyone.
Bright and sunny here and 12° C already.
Dishwasher is getting it's full use...we are washing every dish, plate, pan and all cutlery before putting it in the new kitchen..never had a dishwasher before, it's quite a novelty .
No real plans for the day, just emptying boxes and filling the kitchen cupboards, though I might give it a rest and get out in the garden later.
Have a lovely day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 01:36 PM

A belated good morning everyone I got sidetracked with baking bread/bread sticks and gingerbread men .

It was a lovely day first thing but has clouded over a bit now . I hope it stays fine, my son and DIL have gone to the Spring Garden show while the other Nanna looks after the babies .

I hope to get in the garden later but am now feeling tired after an early start ...

Have a pleasant day everyone whatever you are doing .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top