Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 11:48 PM

Tonight's sunset

Its been a while since I've photographed a sunset. I kept an eye on the sky at home tonight and thought that there might be a nice sunset, so jumped in the car and went a few miles down the road and was just in time to catch the sun before it disappeared. Here's what I saw:

Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 12:09 AM

Re: Tonight's sunset

That's a fantastic shot, Marian. I adore photos of the sky. I love the formations of clouds as well, for they will never appear in that shape ever again, and to capture something like that is literally a moment in the vastness that is time.

I've loads of sky photos, but I didn't think anyone would be interested, and I'm not as good a photographer as you anyway.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 12:09 AM

Excellent pic. You have to be lucky to get a good one and everytime I see a great sunset, I never have my camera with me or the batteries are flat, wrong lens, no filters etc.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
That's a fantastic shot, Marian. I adore photos of the sky. I love the formations of clouds as well, for they will never appear in that shape ever again, and to capture something like that is literally a moment in the vastness that is time.

I've loads of sky photos, but I didn't think anyone would be interested, and I'm not as good a photographer as you anyway.
Thanks Mollie. I love clouds like you and also have quite a few sky photos as well. You should post some of yours
marpaul
North Cumbria

12-05-2012, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Excellent pic. You have to be lucky to get a good one and everytime I see a great sunset, I never have my camera with me or the batteries are flat, wrong lens, no filters etc.
Thanks Graham. I know what you mean about flat battery etc... happened to me the other day, I had flat battery and the following day I forgot memory card!!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 12:22 AM

Will I post some in this thread, or will I start one of my own, Marian? Mine are pretty rubbish, but some aren't too bad. I love the dark grey clouds which threaten storms, underneath a vibrant pink sky.

I also once (only once) took photos of a sunRISE! Wow! I never see that time in a morning, but I'd gone to the loo and looked out of my window just around sun-up, so I grabbed me camera and went into me back garden still wearing me nightie!

Pixie is also a great lover of cloud photos.
marpaul
North Cumbria

12-05-2012, 12:34 AM

Why not start another thread for cloudscapes and other people could also post if you wanted them to?

I only ever see winter sunrises I really do have a thing for pink/orange skies and am lucky living here as we get some great skies.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

12-05-2012, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Why not start another thread for cloudscapes and other people could also post if you wanted them to?

I only ever see winter sunrises I really do have a thing for pink/orange skies and am lucky living here as we get some great skies.
Okay lass, will do, but not tonight.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 08:12 AM

Great shot Marian, I have taken many a photo of beautiful sunsets but the glory always seems to get lost in the transition, but which you have managed to capture...very well done...
marpaul
North Cumbria

12-05-2012, 08:27 AM

Thanks Barrry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top