Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 09:28 PM

Vanity.

I read this little article in todays paper, and would you believe it didn't surprise me in the least, the print was too small and it didn't scan too good so I typed it out word for word.

CHECK IT OUT, GIRLS.
Women check their reflection on average eight times a day on shop windows and car wing mirrors, a survey shows.
They also glance at other peoples sunglasses to see how they look and use compact mirrors up to ten times daily.
Dr. Christina Bundy, who ran the study with Simple, said. "People assume Women are vain but many have jobs where it is important to look presentable." END.

I find it hard enough to look in the mirror once a day when I shave, then the real skillful work begins, navigating between the wrinkles with the razor trying to avoid a bloodbath.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 09:41 PM

Re: Vanity.

Know what you mean about the dreaded mirror Jem, when ever I look in it, by mistake ,I see my Grannie looking back!.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 10:45 PM

I stopped looking in a mirror a few years ago when I saw this much older person and wondered who it was then, with sadness, I realised it was me.

Actually, I do look when I've washed my face to put my Oil of Evening Primrose cream on, and I look to save blinding meself!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I stopped looking in a mirror a few years ago when I saw this much older person and wondered who it was then, with sadness, I realised it was me.

:
Me too, I saw a rather wild looking old woman looking back at me
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 07:23 AM

Lets face the truth here Jimmy. when you get older who the hell is going to look at you?

The answer is staring at you in the mirror.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

12-05-2012, 07:54 AM

I have NEVER been vain about my appearance. I look in the small mirror when combing my hair and that is it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 09:12 AM

Oh dear, I've just had a quick count up and, not including hand held ones, we have 8 large wall mirrors in our house if you include a mirror fronted wardrobe ( with 2 mirrors). My favourite is a full length mirror - there is something wrong with it because it distorts the image and makes the viewer look a lot taller and slimmer. Please don't think I am vane folks - I just like mirrors.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Lets face the truth here Jimmy. when you get older who the hell is going to look at you?

The answer is staring at you in the mirror.
Very true AB.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 09:48 AM

I don't know what's wrong with my mirror....I look in it and see someone growing older, but my inside self just doesn't match this reflection!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 12:01 PM

No vanity here, I accept who I am and what I look like, I certainly wouldn't look at my reflection in shop or car windows to see what I look like!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top