Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 05:11 AM

Happy Thursday Folk.

It's our usual pub lunch followed by the weekly shop today - and maybe a pint of real ale. If this has worked properly the picture was taken on the summit of Zugspitz, Germany's highest mountain, while on holiday last year. http://www.over50sforum.com/picture....pictureid=2110
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 06:58 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all who enter here.

This should wake you up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWC3k...eature=related

Rain drops are falling on my head,( good title for a song that Mm,,,) at a constant rate of knots, mother natures creatures have their unbrella's up and wellies on and the road is enjoying having another shower to wash the dirt away.

Plans for today are a shopping trip to buy tools for my Son and Daaughter, then shopping for some computer assessories for me and some Knitting patterns for She who must be obeyed. Lunch at some local establishment followed by and afternoon relaxing with Mr Hennessey and some music.

Have a great day all whatever the weather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNsYs...eature=related
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 08:17 AM

Hogganfield Loch, Glasgow

Good Morning Alan, Bob and Everyone Awfy damp and dreich out this morning so far! Hope it clears up as I am off into Glasgow for lunch with my friend Margaret - and a guid auld chinwag I do all the talking

Hope you all enjoy a good day today and weather better for you.

Lovely photo, Bob, and love the links! Many thanks for sharing

Take care and stay safe everyone
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Good Morning Alan,AB,Brandykins and all may follow.

Change of weather today,overcast,very windy and cold.

Have a pleasant day wherever you are
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 09:02 AM

Good morning everyone.

The fridge/freezer is making strange noises so it looks like we are off to buy a replacement. I'm annoyed really, the one we've got is only fourteen years old, they certainly don't make 'em like they used to....

Enjoy your day folks.

barry
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 09:13 AM

Good morning all. Nice and wet here too! Havent walked Bonnie yet, hoping for a break in the weather!

Plans for the day are to deal with as much paperwork as possible as am starting to drown in the stuff! So much so that I hadn't opened some envelopes from Sainsburys finance thinking it was to do with credit card when in fact it was to do with my car insurance which they were on the verge of cancelling as I'd sent them an incorrect document re how much no claims bonus I had, so been on phone grovelling like mad this morning, so all sorted now, phew, relief.

Also yesterday I lost £10 so feeling very sad about that. It was in my pocket with my phone and it must have fallen out when I used it to read a text whilst out walking.

Nice photos again and as its a dull day I thought I'd brighten things up by posting a shot of my rhododendron I took yesterday whilst the sun was shining Enjoy the rest of the day folks
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 09:19 AM

Good morning fellow members .Another night of torrential rain and a windy dull morning . I hope it brightens up later to dry some washing.

I am confined to the house today waiting for a package to arrive. It has to be signed for so it means Chloe will not get a good walk until after the delivery man comes if he does.

Plenty to do as always. The weeds are growing fast with all this rain , the runner beans are looking ok too .

Have a pleasant day everyone
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 11:12 AM

Good morning all, wet wet wet, that's how it's been all yesterday and so far today, but it has got noticeably warmer.
There's nothing as bad as standing at a graveside on a wet and miserable morning, that's where I was yesterday morning, an old friend and workmate of past times was taken suddenly from this life and buried in the local Cemetery, R.I.P. Peter. He was a fine engraver, in great demand all his life, and a nicer chap you couldn't meet. I didn't like to ask his shattered wife too many questions, but I believe a massive stroke was to blame for his premature death, however he was well waked and will be long remembered.
I hope you are all doing as best you can, take care folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 01:43 PM

Hello everyone wet and miserable here and I have a backache which doesn't help matters I didn't feel up to going out this morning so it's a day indoors resting for me.

Beautiful pictures to brighten the day folks but I think I will pass on the Tutti Frutti today, Bob

Have a good day all....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 01:52 AM

It was a good 63rd birthday for me today. I received hugs, greeting cards, gift certificate and gifts. I felt loved by many. I awoke to check my email account full of birthday wishes from dozens of online forums, some I haven't frequented in years. Still, I wasn't alone on this special day for me. 63 years ago I was born on Mother's Day and grew up feeling special for that reason. I enjoyed a quiet lunch at a local restaurant where I was awarded a fresh piece of apple pie on my birthday.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top