Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 11:30 PM

Cook-In Sauces

For obvious reasons we can't name brand names otherwise Azz might get sued, but has anybody ever found any of these jars or tins palatable?

I have on the occasion bought a couple of different ones, only for them to be slung in the bin.

Do you prefer to make your own sauces and, if so, what sort do you make?

There's a Recipe Section if you'd like to share yours with us.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 12:54 AM

Re: Cook-In Sauces

How odd! They get mentioned on cookery sites along with thousands of products off the shelf.. is this a new thing?
I make my own anyway all sorts and any sort
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
How odd! They get mentioned on cookery sites along with thousands of products off the shelf.. is this a new thing?
I make my own anyway all sorts and any sort
No Cassie. On cookery sites/programmes they most likely have permission to mention them, but it would be wrong to say "I think ....'s is garbage/rubbish/horrible" on a forum.

I also make my own, but could you give us some recipes of the ones you do yourself?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 07:35 AM

Yes Mollie I do use these sauces as the basis of a meal, but having tried it I quite often then go on to make my own version of it with fresh ingredients.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 07:57 AM

Some sauces are nice and contain no nasties, you just need to check the labels. I use these as a convenience but by and large I will make my own.
Not sure about the laws governing forums but there are plenty of sites on the web that give more than forthright opinions on all kinds of goods and services.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 09:39 AM

Generally I don't really like the cook-in sauces. I prefer the sauce to be as an accompanyment/dressing and I don't eat "stew" type meals very much. I like cheese, onion, tomato and basil and hollandaise sauces but usually steer clear of the ones in tins and jars - the ones I have tried have been a bit disappointing and "muddy" up the taste of the food. I'm not even a curry fan, unless it is a mild Korma.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 09:55 AM

I do use them sometimes and other times make my own it depends how much time I have.

I don't see a problem with mentioning brand names on a forum. I am sure somewhere we have had Marmite love it or hate it threads. Maybe Azz could enlighten us
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 10:06 AM

I always make my own sauces all kinds I don't use many recipes they are in my head after all these years.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 12:27 PM

I've used one that came in a Jar of Sweet n Sour over bits of Chicken or Pork and cooked it in the Oven.....We both enjoyed it served over a heap of white boiled Rice.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
No Cassie. On cookery sites/programmes they most likely have permission to mention them, but it would be wrong to say "I think ....'s is garbage/rubbish/horrible" on a forum.

I also make my own, but could you give us some recipes of the ones you do yourself?
Thanks for that info.. I was a bit worried for a bit lol

I dont make to any recipe.. just start with the base and add as appropriate and use the right herbs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top