Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 07:32 PM

Mastic Gum - healthy 'chewing gum'

Related to the threads about teeth but I think warrants a thread of it's own, Mastic Gum.

You can buy natural Mastic Gum drops/beads now (http://www.goodhealtheasily.co.uk/nu...-mastic-beads/) and they have been shown in studies to be effective against H.Pylori (the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers) and have also been used for fresh breath and bacteria in the mouth.

Additional benefits mean more circulation to the mouth, and strengthening of jaws (and teeth).

To begin with your teeth might feel sensitive - that's good! As it means it is fighting bacteria

And it lasts for AGES! And is safe to swallow - in fact it's recommended you do swallow it, as it fights h.pylori in the gut (just make sure they're tiny pieces or you swallow with water).

You can also melt some into boiling water, then cool it down then drink it.

I have just bought some from the link above - and it's the same as the small packets you can get directly from Greece
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 10:43 PM

Re: Mastic Gum - healthy 'chewing gum'

Very interesting Azz

Don't chew gum anymore because it tends to loosen my crowns (the ones on my teeth)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 10:50 PM

That's very interesting Azz, even though it doesn't look very appetising in the picture. What does the 2nd pic represent?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Very interesting Azz

Don't chew gum anymore because it tends to loosen my crowns (the ones on my teeth)
That's a point - cos it does get fairly tough fairly quickly although some pieces are very soft - wonder why

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's very interesting Azz, even though it doesn't look very appetising in the picture. What does the 2nd pic represent?
It's pretty tasteless although it's meant to freshen your breath (and whiten your teeth) as well.

The second photo is what it's like in the wild - see the 'dew drop' in the left hand side of the photo? That's a mastic bead

I'll take some photos and edit them into this post in a mo... here ya go:

Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 12:01 AM

Actually, they look rather nice - what do they taste like?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

11-05-2012, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Actually, they look rather nice - what do they taste like?
Fairly tasteless

But addictive
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK

11-05-2012, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Fairly tasteless

But addictive
Hmm, I'll keep this in mind for future reference, but meanwhile, I'll await your feedback as to how they worked for you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top