Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 12:11 PM

Need a good moan

Good morning all, hope you missed me

I've not had the best three weeks..first moan, the computer got a bad case of blue screen.
My son was here helping to clear the kitchen ready for my new one to be fitted. He took the computer home with him and fixed the problem (dry joint under the fan) and a few other bits he wasn't happy with.
Due to unforseen circumstances he couldn't get it back to me until yesterday!

My car was out of action too..'our man what fixes it', wasn't well..so we had to wait for him.

The mess, the dust, the noise and trying to eat/cook in the living room while surrounded by boxes and units, appliances etc., has been horrendous. Got fed up with 'ding dinners' and cheese and crisp sandwiches.
Boredom too......couldn't do any gardening because of the weather, tried reading, crosswords and tv but couldn't concentrate. Hubby said we were so bored we started talking to each other quite pleasantly.

Then to top it all, I wasn't well with an ongoing complaint and had to go on antibiotics

The kitchen is nearly finished but it's not mine yet, if you can understand that. The fitters are a friendly bunch, but can't wait to see the back of them.

Moan over, though I'm sure I can find a lot more to grump about if I tried .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 12:15 PM

Re: Need a good moan

Did I mention that I've been cold too, with all the doors and windows open?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Awww Janela ...... what a rotten three weeks you've had I did wonder where you had got too, so yes you were missed

Hope you are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel now and you will be back to normal soon.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Oh Crap what a time your having to yourself. Chin up Lass it will be over soon.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 01:18 PM

You often wonder to yourself, why does everything go pear-shaped at once? Its seems to be a test from above.Hope things get better real soon, glad to see you back.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Hi Janela good to see you back.
Just tell yourself nothing is forever, it will be worth all the mess when you have a lovely new kitchen

Hope you are better soon...x
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Actually if you think about it its best for all to go wrong altogether,otherwise you would get one thing sorted and another goes wrong, no this was planned by a woman,OK lets get it all over with now, no messing about. Yes you were missed Janela I wondered where you were,and you were up to your neck in it... but hey you will have a beautiful kitchen to show for it,lucky Janela. Welcome back girl.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Ah! But just think how lovely it will be when you can start cooking in your new kitchen. I hope you soon feel better.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 01:33 AM

I wondered where you'd got to as well lass. Not nice having the blue screen of death on your monitor, and living in muck and mess is not easy either. I did that when we had our house re-wired back in 1983.

I couldn't survive if my car was out of action as I'd be marooned, so I hope your car is fixed again now as well.

I hope everything comes together for you again soon.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Crikey Jan, what an awful time you've had of it lately...
I hope things improve for you now that you've had a damn good rant, it always helps doesn't it.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top