Join for free
Fireisland
New Member!
Manchester, UK
Fireisland is male 

08-05-2012, 10:46 AM

The Madness of Blackburn Rovers

i must admit that Blackburn Rovers have kept me enthralled and thoroughly entertained since Venky's, a chicken purveyor took over. The first thing they did was change the pecking order with the mind numbingly dumb decision to sack Big Sam Allardyce when they were thirteenth in the Premiership and appoint Kean (who?) as manager. Kean had no experience as a Prem manager and little experience as a player having failed to break into the Celtic team but having scored one goal for Coimbra Academica of Portugal once upon a time (or is that once upon a team?).
Kean lived up to expectations (mine) and took Blackburn to the bottom of the Prem in Nov 2011 where Venky's rewarded him with a 'new improved recipe' contract rumoured to be £1.5 million p. a. over five years (Squawk!). Kean rewarded them by selling his best player Phil Jones to rivals Man United, following it up by becoming the second worst Blackburn manager in the past twenty years delivering their worst home record in 44 years and in one recent game, not having a single shot on target for the full 90 minutes. A conviction for drink driving in August 2011 meant that he had amassed more points on his licence than Blackburn had on the pitch in the relegation battle; cheers I'll drink to that.
And the real irony is that Big Sam Allardyce (the manager they sacked) has steered West Ham into pole position to take Blackburn's place in the Prem.
Venky's have responded by citing Kean for a knighthood and improving his contract - adding a free bargain bucket and a wild card entry to Britain's Got Talent'.
Is the show over? Or is it just the beginning?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Re: The Madness of Blackburn Rovers

Its almost as daft a scenario as when the FA gave that dopey greedy Italian £6 million a year to manage England.I can remember the Venkys stating that Kean was unsackable, how crazy is that? Fair play to Wigan and their gutsy manager Martinez, they looked down and out a couple of months ago, but sorted themselves out big time.Blackburn should have done the same.Next manager? Who else but that well known mercenary Sven Goran Eriksson, who can smell a pile of easy money a mile away.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 12:51 AM

A chicken purveyor took over and changed the pecking order? I am the only one who finds this hilarious?

Having said that, I agree wholeheartedly that Blackburn has been managed horribly. A team that came so close to being one of the Premier League's best has become just another has- been.

I feel your pain because my first love is Southampton and despite their success this season there have been some pretty awful seasons. Fifty quid says the Saints don't stay up come next May.
Fireisland
New Member!
Manchester, UK
Fireisland is male 

19-05-2012, 05:59 PM

And the irony is that big Sam Allardyce (the manager they sacked) HAS NOW steered West Ham back into the premiership taking Blackburn's place. You can't write this stuff, you can't make it up!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 07:28 AM

It is all a big plot to turn Ewood park into a giant Chicken processing factory.

Come back Jack Walker

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top