Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 01:03 PM

Fillings.

I usually have a sandwich or soup for my lunch but I'm fussy about the filling in my sandwich. My favourite is ham but not any old ham, a gammon ham from a local deli. I also like tuna and egg mayo, not on the same sandwich of course

I'm equally as fussy about the bread and buy fresh whole meal or granary from a local bakers.

Today I have had ham and cheese on a soft brown roll followed by slices of fresh mango.

What is your favourite sandwich filling?
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 01:23 PM

Re: Fillings.

I do the same at lunch time

I love chicken, mayo with a dash of lemon and black pepper
on brown stoneground or wholemeal bread, we make our own bread whenever possible.

Other favourite fillings are red salmon and cucumber, ham, like you, gammon ham, none of that pre formed rubbish.

Today we are having cheese salad rolls, just waiting for the fresh home made bread to cool down
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 01:58 PM

I have had spells of making my own bread, it is time consuming but certainly worth it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 02:55 PM

There was me thinking this thread was about teeth!

My favourite sandwich is wholemeal bread filled with tasty Cheddar and pickle...
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 03:23 PM

My favourite is Warburtons seeded batch bread with cheese and onion also partial to chicken and stuffing . I detest mayonnaise .
mesco m
manchester

07-05-2012, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
There was me thinking this thread was about teeth!

My favourite sandwich is wholemeal bread filled with tasty Cheddar and pickle...
I did have it in my head to start a thread about teeth In fact I may just do that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Home made wholemeal rolls,
Smoked wild salmon ( not the farmed stuff )
Creamed cheese

Or home made rolls with rare roast beef, watercress and horseradish sauce.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Home made wholemeal rolls,
Smoked wild salmon ( not the farmed stuff )
Creamed cheese

Or home made rolls with rare roast beef, watercress and horseradish sauce.
the rare roast beef sounds yummy, for me it would have to be without horseradish sauce.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 06:27 PM

Prawn in rose-marie sauce, and crisp lettuce on fresh, home made wholemeal granary bread...yummy....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Tuna with Sweetcorn or Cucumber......Yum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top