Join for free
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 01:34 AM

Non-Emergency Numbers

I don't know if folk know about this or not, but there are some new numbers to contact the emergency services, when there's no immediate emergency.

For the Police the number is 101, for the Health Service (no ambulance needed) it's 111, but does anyone know the number for the Fire Brigade? I can't seem to find that on t'internet!
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 02:14 AM

Re: Non-Emergency Numbers

is there a non emergency number for the fire brigade?

cant imagine a fire that isn't an emergency lol
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I don't know if folk know about this or not, but there are some new numbers to contact the emergency services, when there's no immediate emergency.

For the Police the number is 101, for the Health Service (no ambulance needed) it's 111, but does anyone know the number for the Fire Brigade? I can't seem to find that on t'internet!
Thank Mollie that's very helpful I didn't know we had non-emergency numbers for these services.

Chippy - a cat stuck up a tree is not an emergency
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
is there a non emergency number for the fire brigade?

cant imagine a fire that isn't an emergency lol
Hi Paul

Didn't expect to see anyone online at this time.

Yes, of course people do call out the fire brigade on 999 in a non-emergency, like when there's no fire or endangerment to the public. People with toes stuck up bath taps, getting arms stuck down the backs of radiators and all sorts of other daft things that the fire brigade are called out for, which is extremely expensive. Window cleaners at tower block height whose mechanisms stop working which is an emergency, then cats "stuck" up trees, folk who've locked themselves out of their homes; I could go on and on! You wouldn't believe the non-emergency calls they get, but sometimes somebody may need to speak to them for advice.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

07-05-2012, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thank Mollie that's very helpful I didn't know we had non-emergency numbers for these services.

Chippy - a cat stuck up a tree is not an emergency
Sorry Azz, we seem to have posted over each other.

I just heard about these numbers the other day on my car radio, and I think it's a brilliant idea, but I still can't find the non-emergency number for the fire brigade.

I shall try to make further enquiries.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

07-05-2012, 08:11 AM

I am surprised the fire brigade would still come out to rescue a cat in a tree, most seem to come down eventually anyway. Surely that is a job for the RSPCA, not the fire brigade, which should always be available real emergencies.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 09:50 AM

Just asked my mate who is a part time fireman about this lol

There is no national number for the fire brigade. You have to ring your local fire station as you did with the police before the national number. And as for rescuing cats, they only do that when called out by the RSPCA or the police. As most of the fire services are part time or voluntary now they don't respond to non emergencies unless called out by the police or other services.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 11:42 AM

as for locking your self out I would call the locksmith

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top