Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 05:12 AM

Have a Very Happy Friday Folk.

It never stopped drizzling yesterday - anyone care to help me build an Ark ?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 07:14 AM

Re: Have a Very Happy Friday Folk.

Good morning Alan and everyone else who visits this wonderland of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxMXDIzSCI

Blue skies have turned to grey, the sun is still in bed and Mariah is back with a icy vengence.
Mother natures creatures are hurriedl searching for food as if the next ice age is coming soon and the farm animals are shouting to be taken in from the fields.

Friday so that means study cleaning day, Fish and Chips for lunch and an afternoon of doing whatever takes my fancy as she who must be obeyed is off out with friends.

When I first walked catbells this path was no more than 12 inches wide, now you can drive a car on it, it is the same all over the Lake District fells, that is how much the fells are walked these days.(Photo Courtesy of the internet)

Our neighbour walked around Buttermere on Tuesday and said that the place was packed, dozens of people walking with back packs as big as a house. Wednesday a 71 year old died at Buttermere from a suspected heart attack. Thanks to Wainwright the lake district is now the place to be and people who have never walked fells before think it is easy and nice to walk them.
If you are thinking of walking in the lake district get some advice from experienced fell walkers, some of the hills look nice one minute and are covered in cloud and misty rain the next.
Sorry but a friend of ours who is a mountain rescuer has just lost their dog when it was hit by falling rocks trying to reach a woman who fell 15 feet into a gulley because she was wearing high healed shoes. Some people have less brains than a centipede. Rant over.

Have a great day and all music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBbo0...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 07:37 AM

Morning Alan, Bob et al....

Overcast here again this morning with promise of more rain later.. Just off to Tesco's to replenish supplies for the weekend, before chopping wood after our coffee and Mrs PM is making salmon fish cakes for lunch.

Have a good day all...
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 08:15 AM

Good Morning Alan,Bob,Barry and who else may call in.

The day started off very sunny......Now as I speak the sun is hiding and it is starting to rain. Very cold wind blowing.

Have a Good Friday wherever you are.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 08:35 AM

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 09:08 AM

Dunnoter Castle

Good Morning Everyone Well after the beautiful day of yesterday (was far too hot for me and Loki - she did not enjoy being out and refused to go out later on for more walkies!), it is raining here and nice and cool again

Love those links, Bob, and lovely photo - reminds me of Glencoe!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 10:09 AM

Good morning all, looks like it's going to be another nice day here, nice and warm too. Back to normal today, the wife's gone into town on some business, I hear stray mutterings between herself and my daughter about having a porch built at the front door, once they get together and start whispering and looking at designs I always know there's something in the wind...more disruption with workers plodding in and out.
Great photo's folks.
Watch how you go Folks.

Here's some more Swans, lovely birds they are too.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Hi Antibrown, many years ago I walked the Coast to Coast and experienced the ferocious weather conditions that can occurs on the top of the hills. It's easy to understand how people get in difficulties up there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It never stopped drizzling yesterday - anyone care to help me build an Ark ?
Alan you better get a move on there is more rain forcast for Monday

Good morning fellow members. Another wet day, very depressing. I have got washing hanging all over the place to dry having been unable to dry anything outside for a week, this is worse than the winter. I now take Chloe for a swim in the field three times a day rather than a walk.

I have done 'the big shop' and am now thinking about lunch and what to have before I go babysitting . Eggs and home made bread sounds good.

Have a pleasant day everyone
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 12:32 PM

not looking good weather wise for the trip to the uk
was sitting out back yestrday and hiding nder the nrolly for shade
was hot bad storm last night thunder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top