Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 07:15 AM

Have you lost yours

Pride in your appearence I am talking about.

Yesterday as I watched the world go by outside a super store whilst she who must be obeyed and her sister were inside I noticed the dresswear of shoppers.

One couple who were smartly dressed apart from their hair that looked like it would welcome a wash and brush up and his tie, which looked like someone was trying to strangle him with it, but they both had his and her Yellow trainers on their feet.
One lady looked like a scarecrow with her hair hanging loose under a straw style of hat and jeans that had seen better days about 20years ago.

Two kids with slippers on their feet and holes in their Tshirts, a man who I would normally describe a a vagrant but he arrived in a brand new Volvo estate car.

Now whilst I am not the best of dressers I do try to look like I have taken some thought about how I dress and my clothes look clean and tidy. My hair, whats left of it is washed and combed every day and my footwear is always cleaned and polished daily.
I was always taught that to look neat and tidy shows that you care about things in life.

Do you take care about how you look and appear to others?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 07:39 AM

Re: Have you lost yours

I shower and shave daily and dress comfortably, and I don't care a toss how I look to anybody else, it is not their business.
There are a lot of poor people about who dress to what they can afford.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 08:41 AM

Yes I have defiantly lost mine
As I don my Wellingtons and old coat to take Chloe down the field I think I would never have gone out looking such a mess at one time.

Likewise when I am out with the thee babies, I seem to be permanently covered in one or other of the bodily fluids and in the winter when there are runny noses it is even worse.

My clothes are always clean though I rarely worry about looking nice any more. I guess you can say priorities change as we age.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

03-05-2012, 08:43 AM

As long as my clothes are clean and comfortable I have never cared about what I am wearing. My mother used to like to have her young daughters dressed in pretty clothes to compliment her elegant and sophisticated attire. I am still rebelling against being dressed up as a kid!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 09:32 AM

I don't care one bit how I might look to other people - it's a waste of time, I think. I'm clean and don't smell funny.

One of my sisters-in-law spends all her time worrying about what she looks like and what people might think of her. Every bit of her time and money is spent on herself and it can make her unhappy and dissatisfied with herself because enough is never enough. How she looks and how much she spends on herself dominates her life and we think it's a bit strange because she never looks any different from the rest of us.

I know what I like and what I think suits me. As long as I am comfortable and smell sweet that's good enough.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 09:40 AM

I dont dress as smartly as i used to when younger. But as long as my clothes are clean and ironed, i dont mind what i look like. My main worry is my hair, i only have wash and go hair but it still has to be brushed and tidy.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 09:56 AM

I dress smart mon - thur when I'm at work and for the rest comfortably usually in jeans and a t shirt and trainers or similar. I do shower and wash my hair every morning though. As long as you are clean I don't think it matters what you wear within reason.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 10:43 AM

The days of a smart dress code are long gone and thankfully too.
Men had to strangle and sweat in suits and ties and ladies suffered corsets and suspenders.
I don't bother about my appearance around the house, although I shower and wear fresh clothes daily.
Now it's a different kettle of fish when I venture out. I do make an effort to look smart, minus the corset and suspenders I do my hair put on a little makeup and smart clothes, even if I am only going to the supermarket.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 10:44 AM

I don't care a monkey's what I look like to other people either. I live in leggings t-shirts and cardigans at home. I have a bath everyday but my hair, although clean is always a mess.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 11:44 AM

I have what I refer to as "everyday" clothes around the house and keep the same ones on when we go walking. At all other times I wear smarter clothes and am shaven with my little bit of hair combed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top