Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 09:09 AM

Out of the ordinary.

I have just read that Anna has enjoyed a reindeer casserole. That does appear ordinary, considering where she comes from but not so ordinary for this country.
I know that all kinds of meat and non meat food is available here but I was wondering what people have been tempted to try either here or in another country. I think mine would probably be frogs legs.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 10:28 AM

Re: Out of the ordinary.

I would try anything meat based. Could never be a veggie though. Have had frogs legs they are not unlike chicken. Look like a pile of wish bones on your plate
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 11:12 AM

I've had snails which were ok but I would imagine they're very bland without being drowned in garlic butter......I had caviar once and wasn't very impressed......a bit overated considering the price........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 12:38 PM

The most adventurous I've been when abroad was to eat flying fish and swordfish. Both were delicious! I won't even touch a prawn when back home!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 05:58 PM

Oh! I forgot that I have had swordfish and flying fish too Mags.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 06:40 PM

When stationed in Cyprus I ordered a steak, which turned out to be goat steak, which was quite tasty but a bit tough and stringy...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 07:19 PM

I was wondering what people have been tempted to try
When at work (in a girls boarding school) I was locking one of the girls 'pantries' at night and went to put the milk in the fridge when I spotted a dish of fudge I knew the girls wouldn't mind if I had a piece so I popped one in my mouth , it was disguting

It turned out to be a cube of fermented rotten fish used in eastern cooking
mesco m
manchester

02-05-2012, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When at work (in a girls boarding school) I was locking one of the girls 'pantries' at night and went to put the milk in the fridge when I spotted a dish of fudge I knew the girls wouldn't mind if I had a piece so I popped one in my mouth , it was disguting

Yuk, yuk and yuk again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Are you sure those girls didn't put it there to trick you Meg?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 08:03 AM

Am generally 'up' for most foodstuffs. Have eaten snails (didn't like them) and Frogs legs (delightful) in France, fresh Sturgeon (big cousin of the Salmon), Cavier, and Bear steaks in Siberia - beautiful!!!. Have a very good butcher not far from me and have eaten: Buffalo, Camel, Eland, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich, Venison, Water Buffalo, Wildebeeste and Zebra. I was offered Crocodile some time ago but didn't have room in my freezer for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top