Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 06:17 PM

Palm Reading.

We were talking in the pub last night about palm reading and is it still done at home as a party trick by the older folks, I don't know, is it?. A youngish looking Woman, I think she was one of the traveling people, came over to our table and said she could read our future in our palms, there wasn't much point in this really as we are all old men with our future behind us, so she got no volunteers at the table, although I was still curious. She looked disappointed and went into the lounge bar where most of the younger set drink.
I remember my Granny reading the tea leaves at the bottom of our cups, all the Women used to loved it, my Aunt used to try the palm reading, but I think she was only chancing her arm as nothing she told us came true.
Are there any palm readers out there?. I would gladly photograph my right palm and post it for a free reading, purely as a test case mind you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Re: Palm Reading.

I'm a palm reader when my grandchildren visit ...... if their palms are dirty at dinnertime, they get nothing to eat until they are washed!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 07:02 PM

I have had my vibrations felt...now then Jem steady on there lad..yes and my husband had his done,years agoin Blackpool. He was told not to go on the water, which was a bit difficult as he was working for a Dutch Carpet Co and often went over,anyway we forgot about it and then a year later he was taken ill and was eventually diagnosed with Cancer. He had a terrible time and suffered with horendous Hallucinations,he was pushing his hands backwards and forwards and was frightened, the nurse said he was in black water. I couldnt belive it,he was pushing the water away.I am telling the truth, he died not long after that, he was 40 years old.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm a palm reader when my grandchildren visit ...... if their palms are dirty at dinnertime, they get nothing to eat until they are washed!
, Funny enough mags, my two grandsons get the same inspection before they eat, from herself of course.

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I have had my vibrations felt...now then Jem steady on there lad..yes and my husband had his done,years agoin Blackpool. He was told not to go on the water, which was a bit difficult as he was working for a Dutch Carpet Co and often went over,anyway we forgot about it and then a year later he was taken ill and was eventually diagnosed with Cancer. He had a terrible time and suffered with horendous Hallucinations,he was pushing his hands backwards and forwards and was frightened, the nurse said he was in black water. I couldnt belive it,he was pushing the water away.I am telling the truth, he died not long after that, he was 40 years old.
Thats a very sad thing to happen Annie, it must have been a terrible ordeal for the both of you, God rest him.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 07:20 PM

He was called Jimmy Like you Jem, he wascarried the cross in Lancaster Priory Church till he went into the army and he was head chorister and sang on the Radio as a boy. Thankyou Jem.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 07:28 PM

I have a friend who travels the psychic fair circuit in the US and does a couple of events in Canada. She reads cards, palms, gemstones, Turkish coffee grounds, and - most interesting to me - bones. She has made a living at this for over 20 years.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

30-04-2012, 06:38 PM

Whenever you did something stupid my mothers Father used to say you need your bumps reading, meaning the bones in your skull.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 01:39 AM

I once had my palm read, but it was many many years ago. I was told that I would have a long life, but there would be a cross-roads where I would have a serious event in later life, but it wouldn't kill me. I was also told that I would have three children.

I was pregnant three times, but never had a child, and I think the cross-roads mentioned was the mini stroke I had last year.

However, in February of 2008 a Wigan lady, well-known for her reading of the tarot, was invited to our house. I "knew" her from a Wigan forum. My reading was interesting, but nothing fantastic; then she did Gordon's reading.

Each reading consisted of eight separate card re-shuffles. I can't read the tarot myself, but I do know what many of the cards mean. Anyway, I wasn't at all happy with the cards Gordon chose, and seven out of the eight times, he'd picked the Grim Reaper - Death - and it was to be a man as the King of Spades featured heavily. I honestly and truly thought something was going to happen to Gordon's son, but in the July of the same year, Gordon died very suddenly following no illnesses.

Call it fate or coincidence - that's up to you.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 05:49 AM

I've never had it done, or anything else along those lines. Don't know why but it just makes me uneasy.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

07-05-2012, 01:39 PM

Palm reading and other such genre are devices to make money out of the gullible, imo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top