Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Fireisland
New Member!
Manchester, UK
Fireisland is male 

27-04-2012, 09:50 AM

New but old (er) by the minute

Hello everyone. I've just signed up for this website; I've no idea why? Maybe I'm just curious? I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'm over fifty and that I probably will now never play for Manchester United. That said I'm in perfect health, have all my own teeth, my own hair, hearing and eyesight: that's more can be said for a lot of 'celebrities'. I'm fascinated by the constant pressure on people to be young, beautiful, rich and famous. Which translates into false teeth, false boobs, false tan, false eyelashes, hair extensions and dye, false nails, metal bars through the nose/ear/belly/erm? some rude bits. But omits personality, empathy and dare I say it? Self esteem. They have also managed to separate these three things: talent/hard work/reward demanding instant fame and reward amongst their equally vacuous associates. I use the word 'associates' because I don't think they are capable of adult meaningful relationships hence friends are here today gone tomorrow - just like their princess fairy tale weddings and marriages. The single thing from a professional point of view that makes my blood boil is Jordan aka Katie Price publishing books in her own name when clearly they have been written by a ghost writer and worse that people buy them and they become a best seller! Still, enough said; I think that's enough to get me into the grumpy old men club for now.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Re: New but old (er) by the minute

Welcome fireisland, reading your profile made me laugh already, great to have you here.
PS. Dont blame the Guinness for the weight, I'm drinking pints of it for the past 40 years and I'm still like a rake, must try eating sometime
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 11:32 AM

Welcome Fireisland, always good to see a new disguise on the forum....
Fireisland
New Member!
Manchester, UK
Fireisland is male 

27-04-2012, 11:43 AM

My Gran used to say that I was very photogenic and I was very proud of that for years until I realised that she was actually as crazy as a box of frogs being serenaded by a fruit bat: what she really meant was I was a plant. She spent many a rainy day working away at mathematical equations, calculus and standard deviation of the mean trying to work out why plants could live on sunlight and yet we had to eat them to stay alive. In the end it sent her erm? A little bit eccentric.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 11:57 AM

Hello Fireisland, a warm welcome to the forum...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Welcome to the forum Fireisland, Hope you enjoy spending time with us.
skippersmate
N. Ireland
skippersmate is female 

27-04-2012, 02:09 PM

Welcome Fireisland - hope you enjoy the forum.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 02:29 PM

Hello. welcome to OFF'ers, hope you like it here
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 04:11 PM

Hello Fireisland welcome. I look forward to chatting with you..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 06:22 PM

Welcome matey. Re: Jordan, think yourself lucky matey, you're 250 miles away - she lives here and 'us Brightonians' have to put up with her living on our doorstep.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top