Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 07:52 PM

Pixie

Hi all.

I've just received an email from Pixie and she's asked me to let you all know that she won't be online for a while.

As some of you know, her brother has recently had a major operation, and the good news is that he was allowed to go home today.

Sadly, the bad news is that she's just had a phone call from the hospital in England to let her know that her mother in law died today, so she and Jon will be making arrangements to fly over to the UK to sort out some things, and the funeral.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 08:24 PM

Re: Pixie

That's very sad about her Mother-in-law, I hope Pixie and her chap will be OK flying over. Thanks for letting us know Mollie.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 09:13 PM

Very sorry to hear about Pixie's Mother in Law. She's having a bad time of it lately. Thanks for letting us know.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 09:16 PM

So sorry to hear this.

Mollie if you are in contact with Pixie again, please pass on my sympathy to her and her husband....
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 09:25 PM

Me too Mollie, I read her update about her brother and that her MIL was in care in Liverpool. So her passing must have been quick. Sounds like she has a lot on her plate just recently. Not easy being so far away from family at times like these.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

26-04-2012, 09:35 PM

Hi Mollie,
So sorry to hear the bad news about Pixie's family.
The poor lass has had a rough time of it for certain.
If you get the chance please pass on my deep condolences to her and her family.
They are all in my thoughts at this tragic time.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 10:36 PM

Some people seem to have more than their share to bear.
My condolences to Pixie and her family.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 10:46 PM

Many, many thanks everyone. Jon's mum was in hospital in Leeds but was moved to a nursing home on what is known as a Liverpool Care Plan.

She and Jon will be flying over as soon as they can - hopefully next Wednesday. They're booking into a hotel which has internet access, but I doubt she'll come online, except perhaps to email me - or she'll phone me.

Yes, she's had a lot on her plate recently with the heart valve replacement in December, her brother and Jon's mum.

Jon's mum was a very old lady and slipped away peacefully but yes, it is hard to deal with family things when you're so far away.

I will certainly pass the condolences of you all to her when I next hear from her.

Thank you.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 11:37 PM

Sorry to hear this, please pass on my condolences as well.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

26-04-2012, 11:44 PM

I will. Once she's back in Canada, I'll point out this thread to her so she can read it herself but, if in the meantime she gets in touch with me, I'll certainly pass on your kind comments to her.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top