Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 07:00 AM

Wet Thursday

Good morning friends

This is only if you have nothing to do for the next 30 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzXkm...eature=related

A very wet day here today but that does not deter mother natures creatures from shaing their morning songs with us nor has it detered the farm yard animals from joining in as the backing group.

Plans for today are to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of our garden despite the weather conditions as some work needs done after a very windy night last night if those pesky Peacocks will stay quiet. Lunch is at home but has not been christened yet and the afternoon will be much the same as this morning unless the rain persists.

It is nice to go off for a couple of days but it is far nicer to return home. Starting out 'She who must be obeyed' suggested paying a visit to our Daughters in-laws. We decided to stop at a hotel we have used before for the night in Harrogate. Problem, we met up with some real nice folk in the dining hall and decided to stay another day,then another before moving on,, needless to say we did not get to our daughters in-laws parents in Doncaster, we just stayed put, relaxed and enjoy the break.

Spot the Dipper challenge.

Have a great day everyone and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2UkFvKllLw
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 08:35 AM

Re: Wet Thursday

Good morning one and all. I couldn't connect to the internet earlier this morning, I suppose my cable was waterlogged after all the rain we had yesterday. When I went down my garden this morning there were puddles of water all over it. Nice photo antibrown and yes, I did spot the dipper when I scanned with my magnifying glass !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 08:53 AM

Good morning Bob, Alan et al...

Still persisting it down here as well this morning but we are not downhearted, plenty to keep busy with in the house and I'm cooking a curry for lunch, yum yum....

Glad you enjoyed your time away Bob, Harrogate is a lovely town to visit...I spent some happy times there in my youth when I was courting a local lass....

I managed to spot the dipper as well, like Alan though having to use the magnifying glass...

Enjoy your day folks and hey, let's be careful out there....

Barry
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 09:13 AM

Well no rain so far this morning, but after all the downpours we have had over the last five days, just glad of some dry weather.
Do you still think the hose pipe ban will be in place? Or is that for another post.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 09:22 AM

Glasgow - The Squinty Bridge (or The Arc Bridge)

Good Morning Bob, Alan, Barry, Shirley and All Good to see you back again, Bob - fair missed your links and piccies! Great to get a lovely relaxed break and glad to hear you enjoyed it! I stayed an overnight once in Harrogate and enjoyed it - lovely place!

Hope your cable works for you, Alan, and you're back online again

Hope you still have good weather, Shirley! It is absolutely freezing up here, the wind cuts you in two! Rained most of yesterday and by the looks of the blackness on the Ben, it will be the same today!

Hope you all enjoy a good day, Folks.

Take care and stay safe
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 10:07 AM

Good morning all. More excitement today as I finish my last two loads of laundry. Strike up the band. LOL

I managed to slip out to photograph the cherry tree that are everywhere here. I just had to walk across my parking lot to get to one. The first petals are starting to fall from them so I'm glad I photographed them in full bloom.

marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Good morning everybody. After a wet day yesterday its dry but very windy up here this morning. Nearly got blown away walking Bonnie on the marsh earlier

Plans for the rest of the day are usual paperwork and if I can get done what I need to then need to take a couple of hours off for some me time

Glad you enjoyed your few days off AB. Have never been to Harrogate but have heard its nice.

Nice photos again. Here's one of Bonnie taken in drizzle in a little woodland path in Thornthwaite nr Keswick.

Enjoy the rest of the day folks

Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 10:52 AM

Good Morning all from a very wet and windy Granite City.

Nothing planned for today......exciting eh

Have a pleasant day wherever you are.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 11:04 AM

Spot the dipper, I see 2 of them.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 02:04 PM

The Cherry trees are magnificent in Hexham but its such a shame they are so short lived, Ilove them but ti wouldnt be worth having one here as its always wet and windy here as well.Lovely place to walk with Bonnie Marpaul.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top