Join for free
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 02:47 AM

Night owls.

Hi playmates......This is a thread for those of us who cant sleep,prevented from sleeping or for any other reason.
For myself it is a bad night......Joyce is very agitated and refuses to lie down. Even her psycotic meds seem to have litte effect today.
I have just taken her to the toilet,given her a hot drink and I think with a bit of luck she just might sleep.
So if anyone out there cannot or get to sleep,just pop in here and I might be here.
I think I will go for a browse round......the time on my watch is 2.45am.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 03:35 AM

Re: Night owls.

its hard when you cant sleep I am up as I am on est time almost bed time
I hate it when you cant sleep
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 03:57 AM

I'm just off to bed... it's almost 4 am
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 08:29 AM

I have the odd night of not being able to sleep and it's horrible.
I feel really sorry for people who find it hard to sleep on a regular basis.
I try all the usual tricks for trying to settle down but when your brain is on overload it's nigh on impossible.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I have the odd night of not being able to sleep and it's horrible.
I feel really sorry for people who find it hard to sleep on a regular basis.
I try all the usual tricks for trying to settle down but when your brain is on overload it's nigh on impossible.
I

I understand exactly what you are saying Mesco.....I get that as well................But more often its my dear Joyce who cannot sleep.......She gets very agitated at times as she suffers from Dementia..... Some nights I am up all night with her.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo ->
I

I understand exactly what you are saying Mesco.....I get that as well................But more often its my dear Joyce who cannot sleep.......She gets very agitated at times as she suffers from Dementia..... Some nights I am up all night with her.
Oh! Jimbo, so sorry to hear about Joyce, it's a very distressing condition and I know what kind of toll it takes.
It's heart breaking to see a loved one in such distress.
All I can say is I hope you can stay strong both for yourself and Joyce.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 09:07 AM

Sorry to hear that too Jimbo, a terrible disease that is very hard to deal with.

Fortunately I have always been a morning person and sleep very well, always in bed for nine, asleep by ten and up at five the next morning, regular as clockwork. We always had an early start at work so got into the routine, and then couldn't change it when I retired, but why would I want to....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo ->
I

Jimbo, I am so sorry to hear about Joyce, dementia is a very cruel disease and stressful. Recently I helped my Sister look after her MIL who suffers from Vascular Dementia. I have nothing but praise for those who care for their loved ones suffering from this, and all done with love....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 04:35 PM

Sorry Jimbo, didnt realise your wife was ill, you are a star in my book.God bless Joyce... but then I suppose we could also blame God for letting her get ill, you dont know what to do, but good man you.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 08:09 PM

Jimbo, that must very very distressing for you both. Very sad indeed.

I'm also a night owl. Always have been, even when I worked full-time and nothing's changed since I went part-time. I also have an over-active mind and it doesn't matter what time I go to bed, it usually takes me over an hour to drop off.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top