Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 12:35 AM

Hair Colour

This may sound like a daft topic, and it's mainly aimed at the ladies on here but, do you colour your hair?

I started life off with black hair, and I do mean black. However, age does descend upon us and we start to see the occasional strand of a colour we hoped we'd never see.

I unashamedly admit to dyeing my hair, but not black any longer, as it wouldn't look right, so I plump for a dark to medium brown.

I'm asking this question for a reason, but I'd like a bit of feed-back before I let you know what I'm planning, which would be quite radical.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 12:40 AM

Re: Hair Colour

Mines dyed to cover the grey. I usually do it darkish brown with either a plum or red hint to it.. depends on the mood im in. It needs doing again but im too stiff to be faffing about trying to do it either bending over the bath or trying to climp in and out the bath to stand under the shower.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Mines dyed to cover the grey. I usually do it darkish brown with either a plum or red hint to it.. depends on the mood im in. It needs doing again but im too stiff to be faffing about trying to do it either bending over the bath or trying to climp in and out the bath to stand under the shower.
Yes, I do know that feeling, Cassie. At the moment mine is a dark auburn for a change, which came as a surprise to folk at work, but they like it.

I hang myself over the edge of the bath with the shower head in my hand, which is detachable, but it's still hard work.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 12:49 AM

My natural hair colour used to be quite a mousy streaked dark brown, with a pepper ginger beard. I used to have blonde streaks in when I had my hair longer (ponytail) then when I had it cut shorter, I went to hi-lights.
Now I'm very thin on top, greying with a vengeance and my beard is practically white, so I don't colour at all. I've been considering adding some colour, especially to the beard. Not sure what colour though.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

25-04-2012, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
My natural hair colour used to be quite a mousy streaked dark brown, with a pepper ginger beard. I used to have blonde streaks in when I had my hair longer (ponytail) then when I had it cut shorter, I went to hi-lights.
Now I'm very thin on top, greying with a vengeance and my beard is practically white, so I don't colour at all. I've been considering adding some colour, especially to the beard. Not sure what colour though.
Always best to stick with your natural colours, Paul. In your case, I think I'd opt for a mid-brown.

Paul, do know how to use Photoshop?
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 12:55 AM

I know some of the basics Mollie, I usually ask my daughter what to do LOL

(she does digital photography)
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

25-04-2012, 12:56 AM

I'll PM you.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK

25-04-2012, 12:57 AM

Uh Oh...............
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

25-04-2012, 01:04 AM

All will be revealed!
Chippy
Yorkshire UK

25-04-2012, 01:06 AM

Hehehe, runs round excitedly in little circles giggling and muttering, "I know a secret" repeatedly

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top