Join for free
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 01:16 AM

Odd Email

I'm not sure where to put this thread, so I've put it in General Chat.

Tonight I've received an email from the following address:

I've never heard of petplace.com before but the email came to my private email address. The email was about the care of cats. They are based in Florida, USA.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm not happy about this as it didn't come through to my Spam Box, but direct.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 01:22 AM

Re: Odd Email

Anything I'm not sure about I just ignore Mollie then delete. Unfortunately, I often get e-mails that have by-passed spam too.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 07:44 AM

I too get crap that has by-passed my 'spam' filter, I don't open it, label it as spam whereuopn it gets moved to my 'spam' file and I delete it entirely later in the day.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 08:04 AM

Some do get through. I never open them, I just delete them. Problem solved.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 08:45 AM

I am always getting crap e-mails and I just add them to the junk mail blocking list, if they come to my Hotmail addy. Or if it is my BT addy, I just add them to spam. On occasions when I get ones from "banks" etc telling me my "account has been violated and has been suspended" - I send it to the bank it was supposed to come from and they take action!

I would just junk it - add the name to your junk mail and block it.

I don't open spam at all! The headings usually tell you what it is!
Louisa
New Member!
Europe
Louisa is female 

23-04-2012, 10:04 AM

Delete it as junk Mollie. The amount of scams and junk mail about is incredible.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 12:25 PM

The spammers are always finding ways around spam filters. As Brandykins says above, I just add them to my blocked senders list.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 12:56 PM

Thanks for your replies folks. The reason I found it odd is because I NEVER get junk or spam mail coming through direct, as my spam filter usually blocks the occasional one I do get, which are few.

Yep, I'll add it to my blocked senders list.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 01:12 PM

yah we dellete everything never bother looking right to delite

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top