Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 02:42 AM

Travelling

I can't sleep tonight so thought I'd try a new topic, following the "Flying" topic in the Grumpy Corner.

Where have your travels taken you to, and what did you enjoy about them? They don't have to be abroad, but anywhere that's memorable to you. Day trips, weekends, or full blown holidays away from home.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 07:16 AM

Re: Travelling

Far to many to post here but I loved working in Switzerland.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 08:26 AM

I'm afraid I've not travelled far from these shores Mollie, Wales, England, plenty of times and I hope to visit Scotland before I pop me clogs. However I've travelled all across this Country and everywhere I went I enjoyed, there are lots more Counties I still have to visit, weather permitting and the help of the old folks rail and bus pass I hope to remedy that. I refuse to fly and I've no desire to visit the continent or the USA.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 08:39 AM

Like Antibrown, too many and again like Antibrown,
Switzerland has some of the most spectacular scenery I have ever seen and I loved Italy too.
We are going to visit relatives in Australia next year, so maybe I will change my mind but I doubt it.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 01:07 PM

mine would be around the usa Canada with my husband for 2 years in his Transport Truck what a adventure and it cost Zip
a new place every day from new orleans to dallas and the thosand ilands in ontario to Qubec montral and halifax
and my free cruze to the bahamas on my birthday seing the shuttle on the launch pad at cape canvral was amazing
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 02:22 PM

My travelling abroad includes the short haul countries of Croatia,Cyprus,Tunisia Turkey, Egypt, Rhodes, Italy, Madeira, Switzerland and the Canary Islands. We enjoy travelling abroad, dislike roasting all day on a beach as there is always something new to discover about the different cultures.

Top of my list would be Croatia, such a beautiful country and steeped in history. Next would be Egypt, so much to discover there that you would need to return over and over again.

As to long haul countries, we have been to Florida twice (and hope to go again next year). Then in 2000 we went on a special holiday to Barbados to celebrate the new millenium. We stayed on the West Coast in a hotel right on the white sandy beach. A fabulous island and the Bajan folk are lovely ...... again there is a lot of history there.

In the UK, my favourite places are anywhere in Devon and Cornwall.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 04:47 PM

Our circumstances have allowed us a lot of travel in the past. Norway, Switzerland, Estonia, Denmark, France, Finland, Russia, Canada, Bahamas and countless trips to the States, at least ten trips to Florida. Then there have been our trips around various parts of Scotland - going again next week (If only to take pictures)
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 07:21 PM

Oh dear bit ashamed to say I have been to Spain,Holland, France and the Emerald Isle, Greece , The Isle of Man.Thats it, was always glad to get home.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 07:47 PM

So many places, where to start. May do this over several posts.

Republic of Ireland. A few years ago I had a young ladyfriend I met online. She lived in Claremorris in Co Mayo. We used to travel all over Éire. A beautiful place, and somewhere I would like to go back to. She took me to meet all her family. Brother in Dublin, she came originally from Swords, sister in Cork, mother in Galway, sister in Sligo.
Above this we visited on day trips, visiting friends on the forum we posted in, Waterford, Letterkenny, Donegal, Doon, Roscommon, Tipperary, Westport, Sligo, Roscommon, Naul, Moycullen, Oola, Rathdowney, Dingle, Glenmaddy, Bridgetown, Ballyshannon, Ardfinnan, Athlone, Athy, Kinnitty, Rathdrum, Trim, Urlingford, Louth, Bundoran, Portrush, Clare, Kilkelly, Greystones, Kilmaine, and Kinlough.

I'm sure I missed a load but it was 3 years ago now LOL

If anyone is interested here are a few Pic's I took on a little video I made for the people I visited including some of the countryside.

And if you do watch it, Yes, Suds is the young lady I was dating LOL

And if you're wondering they closed the chat rooms down on Tagged over a year ago.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 09:33 PM

Terrific job you did there Paul and a lovely compliment to the people and the country. I enjoyed it very much, thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top