Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 05:45 AM

Happy Thursday Folk.

Thursday is always our "big shop" day.........and we treat ourselves to a pub lunch first (Well, someone's got to keep the pubs going!)
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 07:10 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk.

Good morning Alan and everyone else of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKhE...eature=related

The rain has stopped for the moment but the icy cold wind is persisting, mother natures creatures are back in their top coats hunting for food and shelter. I think a herd of horses have been along the bridle path this moring judging by the amount of calling cards they have left.

Plans for today are a visit to the fireside with lunch at some local establishment and an afternoon of cards with friends and a quizz session tonight.

I left this picture large so that mother nature can be seen at her best with the mixing of her creatures in their natural habitat.

Did you sleep in yesterday Rose or did PJ and Soochie forget to waken you? lol

Have a great day everyone and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-evJ0J08Jw
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 08:47 AM

Loch Lomond

Good Morning Alan, Bob, and All Another damp and dreich start to the morning but hope it clears up as I get my hair done today Badly needing a hair cut!!

No, Bob, I didn't sleep in - I couldn't get on the board as it said that it was changing servers, or something, and it could take between 2 hours and 48 hours! I got on last night - hence the sunset piccy I posted

That's a beautiful photo, Bob, and love the links! Mother nature is wonderful! I used to love going to Loch Winnoch and seeing all the different sea birds on the loch with swans flying high as well and then landing! My photographic skills aren't good so I missed them all in flight! Many thanks for sharing your pic and links

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today. Need to take Loki out before I go to the hairdresser so that she'll sleep when I am out

Take care all and stay safe
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 08:51 AM

Good morning to everyone from a very wet and windswept Sherwood, where it has been persisting it down for nearly 36 hours without a break, all very welcome but my fruit bushes and trees are blossoming and they really need some warmth and some insects to pollinate them....

No real plans other than a few household chores and cook salmon and roast veg for lunch. Like you Bob I may pay a long visit to the fireside later, and friends are coming over for coffee and cake this afternoon.

Enjoy yor day if you can....

Barry
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Rosemary, lovely picture, it is a long time since we visited Loch Lomond. We were staying at the Commodore in Helensburgh where I had a real run in with Worrel Thompson who was very arrogant with the staff, another story, I diverse, We went up to Loch Lomond and had a sail in a friends boat, on the Loch looking for any cousin of Neeeie as our friend used to say.
There are some wonderful views there and great for taking photo's for framing.

I thought the Lightening strike that hit Dunfries may have ventured further up and stopped your alarm clock. lol

Barry, the fireside is the place today and now that the rain is heavier and looking set for the day it is more inviting.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 11:41 AM

Good morning fellow members the sun is out at last after a wet night.

I have just done a huge shop. I am off on holiday tomorrow with the family and my part is providing the food and doing the cooking . Just got some cakes to make then I have finished.

Have a lovely day everyone whatever you are doing
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 12:18 PM

Oh Bob, Loch Lomond is beautiful. Never been sailing on the loch though - but I have paddled in it at the Duck Bay Marina end!!

Years since I've been to Helensburgh - that was a favourite place to go when I was a wee girl - on Saturdays Mum & Dad took me and we would go into a wee fish and chip shop near the Hermitage Park and then go into the Hermitage Park and had a wish at the wishing well - my wishes never came true though Never new that there was lightening up here, Dumfries is near the borders though and is south from me! It did get very dull late on in the afternoon though! Still dull and dreich at the moment!

Hope you have a lovely holiday, Meg. Home from home with you cooking, still it will be good to get away! Hope the weather is good!

Have loadsa fun and hope you get lots of piccies

Take care and safe journey there and back xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 12:42 PM

Hello everyone what a wet and windy night we had, it was still raining this morning.

Nothing special planned for today except getting quotes for car insurance.

Alan - hope you enjoy your pub lunch, don't forget the shopping after!

AB - I love your get up and go music links in the morning, they certainly loosen up the aging bones!
Enjoy your day!

Rosemary - I would love to cruise around Loch Lomand, it looks beautiful...

Meg - I hope you have a lovely holiday and the weather is kind for you. I'm sure the babes will love having Nana with them every day.

Enjoy your day everyone!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 04:09 PM

Happy holiday Meg, enjoy the change and the children, see you when you get back, missing you already Annie. Great pics every one, hasnt the day and last evening been awful.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 06:08 PM

Good evening all, it's been an unusually good day over here, (We were told by the "Experts" to expect rain) no rain and plenty of Sun, a bit chilly but who's complaining.
Thanks for the lovely pictures folks, I love them.
Have a great holiday Meg, you deserve it.
Annie you're back, I thought you'd done a bunk.
Take care folks.
Everyone loves a nice handsome dog, isn't this fella just the business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top