Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 04:59 AM

Have a good Wednesday Folk.

I'm off out with my old colleagues today. We meet up once a month and do a 5 mile walk and have a pub lunch. Our ages range from 65 to 80 - not bad for oldies, eh !
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 07:34 AM

Re: Have a good Wednesday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all who might venture here today

Something to start your day off right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaaW8...eature=related

It has the makings of a fine day here with the sun trying it's best to warm the place up, mother natures creatures singing their heads off to welcome everyone. The mini lakes are still on the bridle path but that is not stopping the cows splashing through them

Plans for today now that the weekly shopping is out of the way is to relax with a book (Forensic Science, I have to question my grand daughter for her revision next week) this morning, lunch of Fish Chips and Sweet corn is at home followed by an afternoon of !!!!!!!!!!, ' she who must be obeyed ' has not decided yet.

Have a great day everyone and remember to keep fit by doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYEItvIxbaI
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 08:25 AM

Good morning fellow members .Looks like we are all back safe and sound after the switch over of servers.

Grey and miserable here today but it's good to see some rain.
I am babysitting this morning so rushing to get my jobs done.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 09:13 AM

Morning all, raining and cold here as well today, and although I know we need the rain I really do miss the warmth of a fine April day....

Got a little more paperwork to sort out and then cook macaroni cheese for lunch. Out with the dogs later and then I'm off for a swim at the local baths for an hour.

Enjoy your day everyone...

Barry
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 09:20 AM

Good morning all, miserable day here today, hasn't stopped raining. So we are all on a new server, everything went swimmingly and nobody got lost in space. I don't know what to do today but I have a fair idea where I'll be at lunchtime.
Stay warm and dry folks.
What I found interesting about this picture was the way the Owl's face looks like a heavy branch sawn off the tree, amazing job of camouflage. Now if human faces looked like that Women would no longer be able to lie about their age.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 09:38 AM

Good morning all. Holy Moly, we're heading for 26C on Saturday. What bizarre weather we've had this week. It was 2C earlier this morning. It's supposed to rain Wed-Fri and be sunny and very warm Saturday. This is the kind of weather that causes severe storms in our Midwest.

Nothing much planned but to stay indoors and stay dry. I still need to get a few more hours of sleep as it's 1:30 a.m. here right now. Have a good day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 12:08 PM

Good morning everyone it's grey, drizzly and a bit on the cool side today. The shopping has been done so I don't have to go out again, thank goodness.

Nothing special planned for today other than normal jobs around the house.

Bob, I have your Rock & Roll hits playing in the background and I can't keep still! It's great!

Barry, hope you enjoy your swim ..... do you go to the baths regularly?

Meg, happy babysitting!

Alan, hope you enjoy your 'meet up' with your old colleagues.

Jem, love the pic of the owl and the owlets.
Now what are you insinuating about women no longer being able to lie about their age. ??

BobM, 26ºC on Saturday! Lucky you, will you be out and about with your camera?

Have a lovely day everyone, whatever you are doing
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good morning everyone it's grey, drizzly and a bit on the cool side today. The shopping has been done so I don't have to go out again, thank goodness.

Nothing special planned for today other than normal jobs around the house.

Bob, I have your Rock & Roll hits playing in the background and I can't keep still! It's great!

Meg, happy babysitting!

Alan, hope you enjoy your 'meet up' with your old colleagues.

Jem, love the pic of the owl and the owlets.
Now what are you insinuating about women no longer being able to lie about their age. ??

BobM, 26ºC on Saturday! Lucky you, will you be out and about with your camera?

Have a lovely day everyone, whatever you are doing
You know that I will. It was 4C here this morning. I'm heading to Woodburn, OR Saturday for the annual tulip festival. I've attended the past two years and with that forecast it should be a great sunrise photo opportunity. http://www.woodenshoe.com/tulip-fest/
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I used to be a top swimmer in my youth before I discovered cigarettes, but my 40 a day habit curtailed my swimming career somewhat..

Since I retired though and stopped smoking, I have rekindled my love of the water and try to swim at least once a week, albeit the chlorine can make me wheeze a little now so I'm not quite as fast as I was....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 02:23 PM

Mags, I was referring to counting the rings around the Owl's face as telling a tree's age, there used to be a very old Lady living on the same street as us when we were kids and whenever we asked our grandmother how old she was, she would say, "When that ole one dies, you'll have to saw her in half and count the rings, because she'll never tell you."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top