Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 11:57 PM

What Saddens You?

What saddens me is the end of an era.

I know this may sound daft, but I've been going to the same shop every evening for bits and pieces for the last 20 years or so and, for the last six years, the shop has been managed by lovely Asian chaps.

They have been helpful, respectful, and everybody has loved them, and never once have they had any problems. They knew all their customers on first name terms. It was almost like the old-fashioned corner shop.

When Gordon died they were very supportive and kind to me which meant a lot back then.

Well, last night I said goodbye to Akil, and this is the last week for Shah and Malik. Tonight I was served by a new young fresh-faced lad from whom I didn't even get a smile. Okay, they're new as well so probably not sure of their ground, but they've already put the prices up, and I said so.

I've been gulping back tears tonight because I know I'll never see them again.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 12:16 AM

Re: What Saddens You?

Oh that is sad Mollie and can understand totally why you are feeling like you do (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))
What saddens me is losing the one's we love and having to watch their pain at time's and doing nothing to help them as there is nothing we can do.Nobody ever said that life is easy and from ive seen neither is dying alot of the time.....and thats sad.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 12:20 AM

Thanks Bonny.

No, watching the pain of a loved one - well, it goes without saying - the same when we lose a beloved pet.

I'm one of those folk that absolutely hate change in what's become part of my life. They've even started changing the look of the shop. It takes me a long time to adapt to new people, whether it be personally, or at work.

I can't begin to imagine that I'll have the same repartee that I had with the previous shop keepers.

I didn't really mean "what makes you sad?" but what saddens you, which may be the same thing for many people.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 12:25 AM

The way fruit and vegetables don't seem to keep nowadays.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Thanks Bonny.

No, watching the pain of a loved one - well, it goes without saying - the same when we lose a beloved pet.

I'm one of those folk that absolutely hate change in what's become part of my life. They've even started changing the look of the shop. It takes me a long time to adapt to new people, whether it be personally, or at work.

I can't begin to imagine that I'll have the same repartee that I had with the previous shop keepers.

I didn't really mean "what makes you sad?" but what saddens you, which may be the same thing for many people.
I also hate change Mollie and have had trouble with that over the years.Most of the time I was right about the change's also and yes they did bring problems.I just hope in your case things will work out and you can build up a type of friendship that may seem so far away at the moment but will happen.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

17-04-2012, 12:35 AM

I hope so too Bonny, but I do have my reservations right now.

I felt odd being in there tonight, but I shall go in with a different attitude tomorrow, see if they bite!
Bonny
UK

17-04-2012, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I hope so too Bonny, but I do have my reservations right now.

I felt odd being in there tonight, but I shall go in with a different attitude tomorrow, see if they bite!
Ye you go girl.Go in and say....Now I hope we are going to get on as well as I did with the previous Owner
Bonny
UK

17-04-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
The way fruit and vegetables don't seem to keep nowadays.
Mine keep ok in the Fridge I have to say.I even keep my Bread in there also and it keeps fresh for ages.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

17-04-2012, 09:26 AM

Maybe I am weird, but every time there is change in my life I move on without a backward glance. We have accepted an offer on our property where we have lived for fifteen years. We will move sometime next month, that will be the end of a era for us, but it won't worry me at all. My husband on the otherhand has insisted I take photos of everything for him to have something to look at in the future.

The next task is to downsize our furniture and belongings. I am not in the least bit sentimental about belongings, but he is so I reckon there will be some very frank exchanges of views. It is something I have to win as I am not prepared to move to a smaller property full of clutter of 43 years of marriage.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 10:18 AM

I agree with Willow here I move on forwards and never look back. Obviously I have my memories of times gone past and the people I loved but I don't dwell on the past and would never go on sites like friends reunited to try and find people I used to know. Those times are gone and I move on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top