Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 05:18 AM

Monday Again- it will soon pass.

We saw the show "Gypsy" at Leicester yesterday and it was brilliant, the best stage musical I have ever seen. The leading lady was Caroline O'Connor who I've never heard of but apparently she is a multi-award winning actress who plays all over the world on stage and in films. In my opinion she is on par with the likes of Ethel Merman.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 07:15 AM

Re: Monday Again- it will soon pass.

Good morning Aln and everyone else.

Alan, Caroline O'Connor was born in Oldham Lancashire, she played 'Velma Kelly' in Chicargo, I forget the year but she has won a MO award for best entertainer. I seem to remember that she lives in Aussie land or did at some time.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your show.

Thanks Mags, your day starts here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN...feature=relmfu

Another fine day but that icy wind really cuts right through you. Mother natures creatures are in abundance this morning searching for food, even the Seagulls have come inland for their breakfast. Scotland is quite clear but there is an haunting mist cutting the hils in half.

Plans for today are not much, a quick visit to Aldi then some sorting out of the garage, Lunch at home, Pork Slices, Carrots, Broccoli, New potatoes and ' she who must be obeyed's famous gravy.
The afternoon will be spent pottering about sorting my study out and fitting a new music system to my computer.

Have a great day everyone and do you remember this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1av7cjeXyA0
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 07:27 AM

Good morning all. It's actually still Sunday night here as my daytime naps have me up in the wee hours. We've had a wonderful weekend and are ready to face rain once again all week long. Still, no complaints as there were 2-3 glorious days of sunshine and Spring events galore. Have a great start to your week!

Janette Jones
Swansea S.Wales Uk
Janette Jones is female 

16-04-2012, 07:32 AM

Good Morning Alan, I'm glad you enjoyed the show yesterday. My would be actor Grandson Finlay has left the stage school he was attending as the fees have gone up to £100 a term which is a lot of money for two hours tuition a week and his mother reckons she can no longer afford to keep the twins going there. They have found another one which is held of an evening in the week and will not tie them down every Saturday afternoon. Fin still wants to attend auditions as he is quite an extrovert when it comes to acting. My hubby loaded down a new programme on the computer yesterday which cleans out all the crap, it is running much faster this morning. I'm off now to look you up on FR.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 09:25 AM

Good morning fellow members another beautiful morning, I love this time of year.

I think I am babysitting later and hope to do some jobs in the garden .

Have a pleasant day everyone
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 09:26 AM

The Pencil, Largs, taken from the Marina.

Good Morning Alan, Bob, Jenny, Meg and Everyone Was a lovely sunny morning earlier but a bit duller now as the clouds are coming. Ben Lomond and surrounding mountains aren't as bright either now! Ach well, can't have everything I suppose! A wee bitty cold as well

Sounds a great show Alan. Glad you and your wife enjoyed it.

Bob - your meal sounds very appetising - whaur's ma doggy bag Love the photograph, looks really spectacular and loved those links, especially Queen - I love that particular track!

Lovely photo, Bob, I wish I could take photos as good as you! I love taking photos but I am really awful at taking them!!

Hope your grandson gets a new place in drama school and less expensive. Such a shame some places charge the earth. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
pumpkin
UK
pumpkin is female 

16-04-2012, 10:09 AM

Good morning to you all. Super photos, can't take them that well, as my hands shake holding a camera...doh.

Bright and sunny here Surrey way might even do some washing and hang out on the line. Nothing else planned except the usual chores, must have another cup of coffee before I start though.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 11:20 AM

Good morning all, well the big change in the weather has arrived here, showers, dull, and very cold. It's off to the local at lunchtime today, taking the missus with me as she cooked enough yesterday and she can have it served up to her today.
Enjoy the day folks.

This picture made me smile, is he a little overweight or do they all look like that?, no wonder fur coats went out of fashion, he reminds me of my old Aunt Hilda, God rest her.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Good morning all, well the big change in the weather has arrived here, showers, dull, and very cold. It's off to the local at lunchtime today, taking the missus with me as she cooked enough yesterday and she can have it served up to her today.
Enjoy the day folks.

This picture made me smile, is he a little overweight or do they all look like that?, no wonder fur coats went out of fashion, he reminds me of my old Aunt Hilda, God rest her.
Oh Bless....just love that picture and it brought a big smile to this old face ...thankyou.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Hello Everyone and hope the week ahead is full of good things for everyone.
Im getting ready to go out and get a few bits.Also off to the Garden Centre and getting excited about doing my Hanging Baskets etc.I just love this time of year as long as the frost isn't about which it still is here. Anyway better get on trying to make myself look not too frightening for the outside world.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top