Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 01:35 AM

Here We Go Again

This year in the United States the country had a very early Spring, with temperature records by the hundreds broken. Now we pay the price. Yesterday alone, 120 tornadoes touched down across the center of the country with many deaths and injuries. We haven't even gotten to the tornado season yet.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 09:21 AM

Re: Here We Go Again

Yes Bob was on 'our' news this side of the pond too last night and again earlier this morning. Apparently five people died in Oklahoma when the Tornado warning alarms failed. Those things are awesome and terrifying and I am thankful that over this side of the 'pond' we don't get such large tornadoes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 02:25 PM

Bob, I heard about your tornadoes on our news today - that must be so frightening and I can't imagine what it must be like to know one is on the way

My heart goes out to those families who have suffered deaths and injuries.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bob, I heard about your tornadoes on our news today - that must be so frightening and I can't imagine what it must be like to know one is on the way

My heart goes out to those families who have suffered deaths and injuries.
The news said the sirens saved a lot of lives. Many folks scrambled to shelters or "safe rooms" with mere seconds to spare. I was born in the Midwest and have seen many tornadoes but we've obviously had a global weather change by the shear numbers of tornadoes and their severity. It used to be really rare to see a category 4 now we saw many such tornadoes and a few category 5s in a single day. They predicted this outbreak days before it happened so folks prepared well.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 03:20 PM

I too read about the tornadoes Bob. I couldn't begin to imagine what it is like either I read too, of hail the size of golf balls! It must be terrifying. Let's hope this is it, that the season came early and you'll get no more.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

16-04-2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I too read about the tornadoes Bob. I couldn't begin to imagine what it is like either I read too, of hail the size of golf balls! It must be terrifying. Let's hope this is it, that the season came early and you'll get no more.
The season is months long unfortunately. They showed video of that hail hitting a lake and it looked like footage from a Hollywood disaster movie. We'll just have to wait and see what occurs.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top