Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2012, 07:18 PM

Lotto.

I just wondered why the Lottery prizes are not that much bigger in the UK than they are over here, with a population of roughly 60 million in the UK and about 4.5 million over here. This weeks rollover is about 6.5 million Pounds, while over here with a rollover it would be about 4 million Euro's, not a great difference considering the population difference. Is the lotto on the way out over there, or are people just not buying the tickets anymore?. The people who run the Lotto over here have become very greedy, when it started it was only on a Saturday, now we have Wednesdays as well, plus all the different types of scratch cards. They used to publish a list of the good causes the money went to, now they are so cocky they don't bother their backsides.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2012, 07:25 PM

Re: Lotto.

There are too many lotteries over here now, and people cant afford to play them all, it used to be just once a week, but now it's twice a week and there are also other lotteries beside, the latest is the health lottery.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2012, 07:49 PM

It used to be big when there was one draw a week, but some bright spark decided to run with two draws a week, along with a lesser daily play draw. The effect of which was to water down the jackpots. I dare say a bit of consumer fatigue has set in over the years and not as many people play it anymore - or not bet as much.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2012, 09:07 PM

I prefer the Irish lottery, but you have to go to the bookies over here to do it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2012, 10:24 PM

I have never entered the Lottery for me it would be money down the drain

I actually think the prizes are much too big, why does anyone need 6 million, wouldn't it be better if 6 people won a million?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2012, 11:07 PM

Thanks for enlightening me Folks, their greed seems to be backfiring on them.
I hear they are selling off the rights to run the National Lottery over here to help pay something back on what we borrowed from the rest of Europe.
It seems to me what started off as a good idea to raise money for hospitals, sports, etc. was taken over by greed, the same old story I'm afraid. I don't buy tickets, but the Wife does, twice a week.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2012, 04:51 AM

a waste of monny sooner keep my monny
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2012, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
There are too many lotteries over here now, and people cant afford to play them all, it used to be just once a week, but now it's twice a week and there are also other lotteries beside, the latest is the health lottery.
It's like that over here too in the USA.
Too many lotteries twice a week.
I have been playing Calotto using my same numbers over and over for. . . I know it's been at least 15 years that I have been doing that.
I'll buy a months supply with those numbers. That's only 8 draws at a dollar each.
If you don't play, you can't win.
Well. . . I haven't won more than 10 dollars yet! And that is only like 1 or 2 times a year.
Ouch!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have never entered the Lottery for me it would be money down the drain

I actually think the prizes are much too big, why does anyone need 6 million, wouldn't it be better if 6 people won a million?
I've always thought this too. I don't think the winnings should be any more than a million. That's life-changing money for most, and it doesn't need to be any higher than that.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2012, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I've always thought this too. I don't think the winnings should be any more than a million. That's life-changing money for most, and it doesn't need to be any higher than that.
I must agree with you there Orangutan , ive always said that .
But i will still have my £2 on every week ...

p.s. i was only 6 numbers off last night

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top