Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 12:09 AM

cheese and sweet chilli sauce

I have just discovered the delights of Carrs water biscuits, a nice bit of Stilton and the left over sweet chilli sauce from McDonalds
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 12:46 AM

Re: cheese and sweet chilli sauce

Try Carrs melts and stilton. I don't like sweet chilli though but I do like onion chutney with it.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 09:56 AM

Yes I like water buscuits and stilton as well but don't go anywhere near Mcdonalds so no idea what their chilli sauce is like.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 01:52 PM

I don't go to McDonalds if I can help it. About once a month we get a take out as a treat for my daughter. I refuse to eat the burgers, and usually get the chicken selects which are actually quite nice, and they come with a dipping sauce. I usually choose the sweet chilli. It is quite sweet and not too hot.
I've always liked cheese and sweet as in jam on cheese or cheese with fruit cake. I've often seen cheese on the deli counter with chilli in it and never felt the urge to try it. After trying cheese with the sweet chilli dip I may give this a go. Has anyone else ever tried it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 02:15 PM

Paul matey, you're not doing it right - as Mall (Mesco) said - Carr's cheese Melts are better and then you need to wash it all down with a glass (or three) of a decent Port.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK

12-04-2012, 02:21 PM

Not come across Cars cheese melts, but I will be looking out for them next shopping trip which will be Friday evening. My budget doesn't run to decent port other than as a treat for Christmas, and it doesn't last long LOL. I'll have to make do with a budget red Merlot for the next 8 months.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 10:39 PM

Nothing wrong with a cheap Merlot, Chippy. Asda are still doing three bottles for a tenner. Enjoy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 10:56 PM

I love water biscuits and stilton both white and blue a produce of my home county.
For me it would be sacrilege to eat it with anything which came out of McDonalds

I will take mine with UJ's Port thank you
mesco m
manchester

12-04-2012, 11:45 PM

I agree about Macdonalds. I think the best thing they serve is the packaging. Same with KFC. The buckets are nice.
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2012, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
I don't go to McDonalds if I can help it. About once a month we get a take out as a treat for my daughter. I refuse to eat the burgers, and usually get the chicken selects which are actually quite nice, and they come with a dipping sauce. I usually choose the sweet chilli. It is quite sweet and not too hot.
I've always liked cheese and sweet as in jam on cheese or cheese with fruit cake. I've often seen cheese on the deli counter with chilli in it and never felt the urge to try it. After trying cheese with the sweet chilli dip I may give this a go. Has anyone else ever tried it?
There's a sweet chilli sauce from Thiland, that I use. It is so delicious that I can put it on almost anything. Not ice-cream!
I purchase it in the largest bottle I can find. Garlic taste is there and a wee bit of hot with a whole lot of sweet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top