Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 02:47 PM

Rooter Cogburn

Fantastic interplay between Hepburn and Wayne, It's on channel 5 just now and I'm switching between here and the TV, . . . dunno why coz I've got it on DVD.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 04:31 PM

Re: Rooter Cogburn

I'd forgotten the beautiful scenery this film has, filmed in Oregon it's stunning.

Sad thing though is you can see Katies Parkinson's disease showing, it's such a dreadful ailment but she did well.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 04:33 PM

I enjoyed the movie but it's years since I last saw it
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 06:39 PM

Rooster Cogburn is a follow on from the role Wayne played in True Grit...he was really good in it, but my favourtie Wayne film is and always will be "The Searchers"
nero
Central Scotland

10-10-2009, 06:55 PM

I like most of his films, another oldie is "The Quiet Man" with Maureen O'Hara, they don't make em like that any more do they.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 04:37 PM

Westerns I loved them shame they don't seem to make them like they used to any more all blood and guts now aren't they I used to love all the old western serials like The Virginian, Wagon Train,Rawhide,Wyatt Earp...
But John Wayne was certainly a master...Duel at Diabalo is my most favourite Western film of all time though and the music to it is fantastic too...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top