Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 11:46 PM

One Year Ago Today

I came out of hospital after having a stroke the Monday before.

It was just a mini-stroke, but since then I've had massive support from monthly phone calls from the Stroke Unit, a six month visit from the Senior Stroke Nurse from the hospital, and other supportive organisations.

Thing is, I'm fine - thank goodness. I had to take a month off work which went against the grain for me, as I wasn't allowed to drive, but fortunately, last April was gorgeous and I was able to sit outside and keep calm with no stress.

I am not incapacitated, although my typing skills were somewhat limited at the time, and my right fingers and top right lip are still numb but hey ho, I'm still here.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 11:54 PM

Re: One Year Ago Today

I'm pleased you've recovered from your mini stroke, Mollie and were able to resume your job.

My mother suffered three full strokes and was less fortunate.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm pleased you've recovered from your mini stroke, Mollie and were able to resume your job.

My mother suffered three full strokes and was less fortunate.
So sorry about your mother, lass.

Every day is a bonus for me, Mags. I have to regularly attend for blood tests, BP tests and it is a chore, but it has to be done - but I wish I didn't have to.

I just have to keep taking the pills!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 12:13 AM

Glad to hear that you're doing well Mollie

Just remember though, always take things in your stride - no worrying, no stress and keep taking the pills

(((((hugs))))) xx
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-04-2012, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Glad to hear that you're doing well Mollie

Just remember though, always take things in your stride - no worrying, no stress and keep taking the pills

(((((hugs))))) xx
I never thought in my whole life that I'd become a druggy at 61!

I makes folk laugh at work when I say I have to go to the Pharmacy for me drugs.

Problem is, my doctor said to avoid stressful situations. Er, says I to him .... excuse me but .... this is the 21st century and is more stressful now than the 1960s. So, how does I get round that one? He couldn't answer that!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 12:33 AM

Am so pleased that you recovered from your mini stroke Mollie and were able to go back to work. It looks like the hospital are doing a good job in monitoring you
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I never thought in my whole life that I'd become a druggy at 61!

I makes folk laugh at work when I say I have to go to the Pharmacy for me drugs.

Problem is, my doctor said to avoid stressful situations. Er, says I to him .... excuse me but .... this is the 21st century and is more stressful now than the 1960s. So, how does I get round that one? He couldn't answer that!
Ask for some 'chill pills'?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-04-2012, 12:47 AM

I have done but he won't give me any!

I wonder where ya can buy waccy baccy from!

No, you know me well enough by now that I wouldn't do that. Naw, I'm alreet, honestly I am. In any case, I don't want any more drugs.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 01:03 AM

I rember that so well I was shocked when I herd the news
but happy to no your still here with us :0
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-04-2012, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
I rember that so well I was shocked when I herd the news
but happy to no your still here with us :0
Oh my lovely friend, thank you, and I'm so glad you're still with us as well after your major heart surgery. It knocks my problem into a cocked hat in comparison. Thing is, we're still here, lass!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top